Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the solo version works in this game? Is there disasters like in other civ game (pocket Civ, Through the Age) or is it simply try to make the best score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
How does the solo version works in this game? Is there disasters like in other civ game (pocket Civ, Through the Age) or is it simply try to make the best score.

It is primarily about besting your score. There is an AI opponent but they don't compete with you directly, or score their own VPs, they just remove an available tile each round and compete with you on the "books" track. So the AI basically just interferes with your ability to score points. There are no disasters to face. There is an upcoming expansion which may change this up though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cappelletta
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's only about getting a good score.

There is little tiny AI. After each action you take a tile may be removed from those you may purchase, and at the beginning of each era your dummy opponent may move on on the progress track.
There aren't other events as in other civ games.

However, don't get me wrong: it's tone of fun trying to adapt your strategy based on what you get from your dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
High score game, yeah.

I actually do count up a score for the AI so there can be a bit of challenge in preventing it from getting really high scoring tiles while trying to max my own score.

I have played it solo on occasion as it takes a couple of minutes max to set up and is a relatively short and light game especially solo, but it plays much better with 2+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo element of the this game is what sold me to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
This particular solo version is too luck dependent (for my taste)..it's frustrating when you are close to a 50' something score and the dice (rolling for AI) don't go your way.

However this is an interesting idea for solo play and might be used in other games as well to create playable solo versions. (thinking of Isle of skye for example)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
but it plays much better with 2+.

I don't intend to just play it solo, it just I want some solo options in case I cannot find players. 2 player is good as I can play with my girlfriend.

As for solitaire mod, it seems to be done easily. Inspiration from Pocket Civ cards could be used has hasards and restrictions. Since and expansion is comming, I could simply wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.