Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just downloaded the app as a traveling companion on my holidays and was completely blown away by how fun and immersive it was.

I have just ordered the cardboard version along with the extra missions pack. What should be my first expansion? Is it possible to skip the Big Expansion and go straight to Another Big Expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you hadn't already got the base game, the Anniversary Edition is a good shout as it includes both big expansions.

I went for the first big expansion. It's got some fun ships, pieces for a 5th player, and more of everything. For me, it's enough and I'm not tempted by the second big expansion - I'd have to play the game a lot more regularly to get to that position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anniversary edition isn't an option as it's not available anywhere for a vaguely sensible price.

I've heard the aliens in Another Big Expansion add alot to the game, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on what you want. I usually have the problem of having 5 players, so I'd get the expansion that allows for that. It plays great with 5 as long as you remember the rule of each card always has a spot for an extra 1st player.

I can honestly say, because I'm always teaching the game to new people, I just don't get to play with that many expansion elements, so when it comes to actual pieces and cards, I have less abilities to make recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would generally agree with adding Another Big Expansion first, the intruders add the most to the base game.

Really, they both have good elements, though. And it's true that if you have 5 players then you need The Big Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to be sprinkling in new stuff, get the first expansion. I think those elements stand alone better.

If you like the game but are going to be using everything you've got every time, the second expansion is probably a little more fun, but I'm not sure because getting someone to play with all the extra rules at once is hard!

That said, the Missions expansion adds some of the "crazy extra constraint" stuff that the first expansion has, so perhaps that's an argument for getting the second expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say get Big Expansion first, just because so much of Another Big Expansion modifies or adds to the stuff in Big Expansion.

After that, probably Missions.

Then, if you're a serious glutton for Galaxy Trucker punishment (like me) or a completist (like me) you could get Latest Models.

The Even Steven cards, if you want them, are also available from the BGG store. Otherwise, they're only in the Anniversary Edition.

EDIT: Just saw that you ordered Missions already. I still would go with The Big Expansion first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a much clearer picture now of what to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BozemanPhil wrote:
I say get Big Expansion first, just because so much of Another Big Expansion modifies or adds to the stuff in Big Expansion.

After that, probably Missions.

Then, if you're a serious glutton for Galaxy Trucker punishment (like me) or a completist (like me) you could get Latest Models.

The Even Steven cards, if you want them, are also available from the BGG store. Otherwise, they're only in the Anniversary Edition.

get the Anniversary Edition (for all the reasons above). I saw it for 60 EUR some days ago, and if you will end up wanting everything anyhow ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jablonovsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Anniversary and/or Missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Does Missions work well with just the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.