Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I couldn't find anything about this combo anywhere, in the manual or FAQs or here on the forums.

Let's say there's a fog marker on an unexplored tile space. I decide to build the Sacred Bell and put 2 pawns on the unexplored tile.
If I fail to build the Bell, everything's ok, the fog stays there and my 2 pawns are considered like one, so I need to roll the dice.
But what about being succesful in building the Bell? In that case I can remove the fog marker, and since building is done before exploring, now I have 2 pawns on a tile space without fog, so I guess I don't need to roll the dice anymore.

Same goes for the gathering action, it's after the building action same as exploration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
The German rules are very strict, that this is not the case, and I would assume, it's the same in any other language.

Inventions, you have build in a round are considered "future resources", which you should put into the "future resource spot". The rulebook even points out, that this is not possible with scenario specific inventions on the scenario sheets, but states, that the effects of them nevertheless are only activated at the end of the action phase (and therefore after any building or gathering actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this will affect only future actions not actions taken in the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, for some reason I considered the scenario inventions like determination tokens, my bad.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding Scenario 2 and Crosses.

The FAQs state that players can build multiple Crosses in a single turn.
They state too that -1 pawn tokens on island tiles don't modify the Building action (only a -1 pawn on the Building action space modifies the pawns request for the first building action in the turn).

So, I guess that the following is correct:

- I have 7 woods, playing solo with Friday;
- The Building action space has a +1 wood request;
- I put all 3 pawns (player's 2 and Friday one) on the Building action space, in order to build 3 crosses);
- First cross built costs me 3 woods, the other two 2 woods each (ofc if all 3 actions are successful);
- I put 3 Crosses blue tokens in the Future resources space;
- At the end of the Action phase, I take those 3 blue tokens and I can put them on the Camp and/or on adjacent explored tiles, regardless if they have a Fog token or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
A "Fog Marker" is not the same as a "-1 Pawn Token", basically because it is a marker (=cube), not a token (=tile or chit). It is even possible to have one Fog Marker and one -1 Pawn Token on the same hex, which would double the effect. And you do have to assign one extra pawn, if you want to build a cross on a tile with fog. Other then that, your example is correct. You do discard the + wood chit after your first action, so it won't affect subsequent crosses on the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Susumu wrote:
A "Fog Marker" is not the same as a "-1 Pawn Token", basically because it is a marker (=cube), not a token (=tile or chit). It is even possible to have one Fog Marker and one -1 Pawn Token on the same hex, which would double the effect. And you do have to assign one extra pawn, if you want to build a cross on a tile with fog. Other then that, your example is correct. You do discard the + wood chit after your first action, so it won't affect subsequent crosses on the same turn.

I know that a fog marker + a -1 pawn on a tile request a total of +2 action pawns for the gathering/exploring actions.

My question was about another point: Fog markers are tied to TILES, they're never put on the Building Action SPACE, so they effectively never hinder the Building Action, including Crosses (which can be put, after building, on tiles regardless of fog marker presence).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I mainly mentioned this "double up effect", to further confirm, that a fog marker is something else then a - pawn token. (Since two tokens of the same kind can not exist on the same spot, but a token and a cube can, even if they have more or less the same effect.) The rule in the faq you mentioned just reefers to the later one, so can not be automatically taken for fog markers. I also didn't find any equivalent in the faq regarding fog markers, neither in the section for this particular scenario, nor regarding the differences in the German edition.

And the scenario specific rules in the German rulebook, p. 26, explicitly mentiones:
Quote:
Jede Aktion, die auf einem Inselteil mit Nebelmarker durchgeführt wird (auch das Errichten eines Kreuzes), benötigt 1 Aktionsstein mehr.
This translates to: "All actions on an island tile with fog marker (including the building of a cross), requires an additional action pawn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thanks, I was searching the info using the FAQs too (which seems to suggest that -1 pawn tokens on a tile don't affect the Build action, confirmed by the author here https://boardgamegeek.com/article/14602355#14602355 ), but indeed in the english manual, on the last page, is clearly written too that "If you want to place such marker on a tile with Fog marker, you have to assign 1 pawn more to build „Cross”." (and it's even written on the Scenario card ).

Problem solved, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.