Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow:

http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/a-lone-member-of-british-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 1)Do not fuck with gurkhas. Rule 2)do not fuck with anyone a gurkha has decided is worth giving one of their knives to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Rule 1)Do not fuck with gurkhas. Rule 2)do not fuck with anyone a gurkha has decided is worth giving one of their knives to.

Remarkable that the soldier was able to accomplish this given (1) the odds he was facing, (2) the difficulty in conducting hand-to-hand combat while having the ginormous gonads this soldier doubtlessly has.

As great as this story is, the original story in the UK's Daily Express has the soldier as being (1) a 15-year veteran, (2) 27-years old. Methinks this story may not have had the best subediting and factchecking. (In fact, the Express story was from the Daily Star, which has a worse record for accuracy than even the Express.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let this be a reminder. If you're a ranged character with a ranged weapon, fucking fight from a range. Don't go melee mode.

(Seriously. Props to him.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Who needs a knife?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a story that comes from the Express, which is even worse than the Mail.
The original story was so incredible it was just laughed at. (He was 27 with 15 years experience) so not even remotely edited/fact checked. The SAS doesn't talk about operations so shit tabloids can make any shit up on a slow news day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
Chigwell, Essex, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not going to pretend to know anything about knife fighting but is it really humanly possible to decapitate someone with one swipe of a kukri?

Assuming it did happen and I was one of the ISIS guys I'd be running my ass away immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
This is a story that comes from the Express, which is even worse than the Mail.
The original story was so incredible it was just laughed at. (He was 27 with 15 years experience) so not even remotely edited/fact checked. The SAS doesn't talk about operations so shit tabloids can make any shit up on a slow news day.
It all does seem rather dubious, and try as I might I can find no reliable source for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like he would be a fine American.
I bet he voted to leave the EU...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Stand Up! Speak Up! Fight!

Love those kind of things on web sites....

Fascinating story if true. Those big-ass Ghurka knives can take the head off an opponent if the person wielding the knife is strong enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.