Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite interested in this! Are there plans for an English or any other language version to be produced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:
I am quite interested in this! Are there plans for an English or any other language version to be produced?

I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

How ironic would it be for people to miss out on this game because they didn't have a translation in their own language?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kosmos a lot of the times only Deutsch unfortunately ... Even for language independent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yellohat
Germany
Emmerich am Rhein
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I am very interested in an English version too.

Who would support an action to ask the publisher, per e-mail, for an edition in the English language or, alternatively, an upgrade kit?

Please PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would ... but still it depends if the game is any good.

It's just that Kosmos has released games in the past only in German while the game is language independend. Just make it with an English rulebook and backcover Deutsch - English and it would sell a lot easier. For example Nauticus which is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:

It's just that Kosmos has released games in the past only in German while the game is language independend. Just make it with an English rulebook and backcover Deutsch - English and it would sell a lot easier. For example Nauticus which is a great game.

Unfortunately his doesn't sound like it will be language independent based on its description. The extra cost of translation, editing, graphic design tweaks on cards for space and parallel print runs is not insignificant. But being from an area of the US with a higher than average concentration of Lutherans I would hope they see a US (or more broadly English) market for the game. This is the first game I am very much considering learning enough German to play it if its not translated.

I really want this! I probably should message the company to let my voice be heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:
AlliantieAJ wrote:

Unfortunately his doesn't sound like it will be language independent based on its description. The extra cost of translation, editing, graphic design tweaks on cards for space and parallel print runs is not insignificant. But being from an area of the US with a higher than average concentration of Lutherans I would hope they see a US (or more broadly English) market for the game. This is the first game I am very much considering learning enough German to play it if its not translated.

I really want this! I probably should message the company to let my voice be heard.

Agreed on almost all points! I think Germans would generally be surprised to learn that out of the "white" American population, Germans have contributed the most to the gene pool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm seriously stoked about this one, and with over 7.5 million people calling themselves Lutheran in Canada and the US alone, I'm sure an English version is justified. I live near one of the confessional Lutheran seminaries and have heard of dozens of events going on this coming year from Kitchener to Niagara Falls to Western NY.

Shoot, if the game is good and faithfully Lutheran, I'd be willing to teach it and talk it up!

I'd recommend the publisher contact the major synods and seminaries here, in Australia, and any other major English speaking Lutheran area I can't remember off the top of my head. And, of course, I hope they do a good job with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:

I got the following e-mail from KOSMOS when I asked them about plans for an English version:

Isabell wrote:
Hello,

no, the game is not planned to be published in english.

Kind regards

Isabell
-------------------------------------------------------------
Franckh-Kosmos Verlags GmbH & Co.KG
International Sales Manager Games
Promotional Items
Adult-/Childrengames
Pfizerstr. 5-7
70184 Stuttgart
Tel.: ++49-711-21 91 414
Fax: ++49-711-21 91 413

cry

Coupled with the lack of English support for Targi: Die Erweiterung, KOSMOS isn't winning many points with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than push Kosmos to do an English edition, why not encourage a North American publisher to pick up the game in English? Targi was done in English by Z-Man. Maybe there is a path to a solution.

Stronghold has already announced their game for the anniversary, Sola Fide: The Reformation. Perhaps another N.A. house can jump on this timely opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for linking to that game, wasn't aware of that release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end I'm going to buy the German edition and will make stickers to make it play easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the rendered pictures I saw, there are only minor texts on cards and gameboard. Possibly only the rules would be language dependent.
http://www.kosmos.de/_produktansichten_media/695b/4002051692...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sort of too bad since there is a huge exhibit of Luther's stuff here in the Twin Cities at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts through January. Asmodee/Fantasy Flight could have licensed this for NA distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.