Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gun's special abilities:

I could swear I read somewhere that they are all mutually exclusive, whereas, one player took that stance that the requirements were met for both Sniper and Quickshot at the same time, so wanted to do both.

Is the premise that a Hunter only gets one attack per round, so the Gun picks the most advantageous one of his various attack modifying abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited for correctness - also see post below.

Quick answer, Sniper Shot if used supercedes Quickdraw (covered in the official FAQ). It is implied, but not word-for-word stated in the rulebook, that Hunters only attack once each turn, and both these abilities count as attacks (that are taking place in the Agent's turn).

Sniper Shot and Sharp Shooting take place in the Hunter's Turn. Sniper Shot supercedes Sharp Shooting (i.e. autohits, no dice roll needed).

QuickDraw takes place in the Agent's turn.

You don't have to choose only one of them to use. Quick Draw is always on, you must choose whether you use Sniper Shot or not. Normally, Hunter's get only one chance to attack during their turn, Quick Draw offer a way to wound the Hunter outside that window.

Hope it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vlesperance wrote:
The Gun's special abilities:

I could swear I read somewhere that they are all mutually exclusive, whereas, one player took that stance that the requirements were met for both Sniper and Quickshot at the same time, so wanted to do both.

Is the premise that a Hunter only gets one attack per round, so the Gun picks the most advantageous one of his various attack modifying abilities?

I've had a good look and can't find anything that says that a hunter can only use one special ability; I don't believe that's true.However, the FAQ does say that the Gun can't use Sniper Shot and Quick Draw at the same time. Sniper Shot disables Quick Draw. I think the point is, you can only do one attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Q. Can the Gun use Sniper Shot and Quick Draw at the same time?
A. No, activating Sniper Shot disables Quick Draw.

It is in FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theofilos Koutroubis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How can both be activated? Quick Draw happens in the Agent's turn and Sniper Shot is activated in the hunter's turn after Gun ends his movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grantelith wrote:
How can both be activated? Quick Draw happens in the Agent's turn and Sniper Shot is activated in the hunter's turn after Gun ends his movement.

Sniper Shot ability activates "after moving the Gun, if the agent is not visible" in the hunter's turn, but Sniper Shot's effect happens "if the Agent is spotted by the Gun" which happens in the agent's turn.

Although you cannot use both simultaneously, because you cannot attack twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.