United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st edition of Imperium but I am seeing in other threads that the 2nd edition rules fix some problems. Is it possible to play using the 2nd edition rules with my 1st edition components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so. The main difference that I've seen is that, in 2nd edition, appeals to the Emperor cost 2 Glory Points rather than 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a good summary of the differences here: Major version differences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
I think that it is incorrect to label any 1 of the differences as the 'major one'.

There are a few or several differences. All of them favor the smaller ships more than they already were.

For example, the lack in increasing income for the Imperials means that they can't buy bigger ships even if they wanted to take more advantage of the free ship a turn rule with BB instead of DD & CL.

The change for High Intensity missile attacks from double power to a +1 DRM or -1 hit# modifier means that Imperial SC can destroy Terran CR with their SC at long range instead of never being able to do this. It also makes the MB less powerful against Imperial capital ships, if any are ever built. This may be an exception to the rule I stated above.

Etc.

Edit for 1 spelling error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.