18 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » General

Subject: Quick question for all my friends rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
This hasn't come up while we've been playing but I have a short friend and I don't want to see him get upset if this occurs surprise

Consider this scenario. A knight or two are fighting the dragon and have a few white cards down. Unfortunatley ( or fortunately depending on your allegiance ) they wind up unable to play anymore and are forced to return to Camelot. Now if I understand the game correctly their white cards stay in their place.

This is where my question comes. Say the dragon fills up with black cards and the white cards that are there defeat the dragon. I assume the knights get white swords but no one shares cards or gets life points? Am I totally wrong here? Just want to check so I'm prepared in the future.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the FAQ:
You are correct: the knights get the white swords but no one shares White cards (these cards are directly drawn and discarded) also no one gets the life points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
This hasn't come up while we've been playing but I have a short friend and I don't want to see him get upset if this occurs surprise

I fail to see the significance of your friend's height to this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
Ahh very good. That's nice to confirm. Wouldn't have thought to draw and discard them as well. You've been most helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
ayejae wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:

It is significant because he gets a short temper during disagreements. I never mentioned his height. Thank you though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
ayejae wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:

It is significant because he gets a short temper during disagreements. I never mentioned his height. Thank you though

I think it's more accurate to say you never mentioned his temper. When I read your initial post, I heard the Randy Newman song "Short People" playing in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
Sphere wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:
ayejae wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:

I think it's more accurate to say you never mentioned his temper. It isn't ayejae's fault that he couldn't divine what you were thinking.

Fair enough, may Merlin always accompany thee in your travels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I was too slow upgrading my comment! The second version was funnier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
Sphere wrote:

Oh yes that is a funny comment. I really do like that song though. Have you heard the song "Rednecks"? I am originally from Albania but Randy Newman is pretty big over here due to his Toy Story songs. I don't quite get the "Rednecks" song though. Seems kind of offensive for a writer of children songs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
I've often thought about making a new version of this game called Randys over Camelot. Any ideas on how I could work that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Smith
msg tools
Not before I make the magic clone:

"Randy the Gathering"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
RandyGathering wrote:

"Randy the Gathering"

What is teh Gathering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Smith
msg tools
The Gahtering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
Is this fellow making fun of me or what? I'm not really enjoying this fellow ^^^^^^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
RandyGathering wrote:

"Randy the Gathering"

What is teh Gathering?

RandyGathering wrote:
The Gahtering

RandyNewman wrote:
Is this fellow making fun of me or what? I'm not really enjoying this fellow ^^^^^^^

This whole conversation is hilarious, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Oh yes that is a funny comment. I really do like that song though. Have you heard the song "Rednecks"? I am originally from Albania but Randy Newman is pretty big over here due to his Toy Story songs. I don't quite get the "Rednecks" song though. Seems kind of offensive for a writer of children songs.

"Rednecks" is satire - rough satire and social commentary. Not meant to be taken literally, in fact just the opposite. Not something I'd want the children to hear. Randy Newman isn't really a writer of children's songs, despite having worked on Toy Story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

California
msg tools
Sphere wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:
Sphere wrote:

"Rednecks" is satire - rough satire and social commentary. Not meant to be taken literally, in fact just the opposite. Not something I'd want the children to hear. Randy Newman isn't really a writer of children's songs, despite having worked on Toy Story.

Okay, He probably could have been a little more subtle with his commentary in that case. Kind of like Short People, nearly a perfect song
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
RandyNewman wrote:
Sphere wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:
ayejae wrote:
RandyNewman wrote:

I think it's more accurate to say you never mentioned his temper. It isn't ayejae's fault that he couldn't divine what you were thinking.

Fair enough, may Merlin always accompany thee in your travels.

My lords! Just one second. It's obvious that he meant temper in his opening post. Even a meager squire could discern that I tell you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.