Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randal Clark
United States
Hutto
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be teaching a couple of new players and they are veteran gamers, but when should I enforce dragon rider mode rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I used them my first play. It will not be difficult to learn, especially for experienced gamers. Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
I used them my first play. It will not be difficult to learn, especially for experienced gamers. Go for it!

agree with experienced gamers i would go straight for dragonrider mode. i know i did. the big thing to point out is end game scoring you get a bonus for fewer resources which is a bit counter intuitive for a resource gathering game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally just skipped right over the Spearman rules. I actually wish they weren't all interspersed throughout the rules. It would have been better to create a separate "first game quick start" sheet. It's really hard to skim the rules in order to set up the game no matter what mode you play.

Furthermore, even though I waited a couple games to add expansion content, I would highly recommend adding "Homecoming" cards immediately. They are really easy to use and add a lot of fun unexpected bonuses and interaction, making it kinda fun to retrieve all your vassals. You have to be paying attention and remind people about them a couple times, but they are incredibly simple for what they add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:

Furthermore, even though I waited a couple games to add expansion content, I would highly recommend adding "Homecoming" cards immediately. They are really easy to use and add a lot of fun unexpected bonuses and interaction, making it kinda fun to retrieve all your vassals. You have to be paying attention and remind people about them a couple times, but they are incredibly simple for what they add.

i forgot about the homecomming module. i had planned to add this straight in but forgot when i played my first game.... and second and third lol. will definitely add it in next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.