Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I knew you wanted to mouse over my Avatar :).
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of you play this game using the Total History optional rule? Do you play this game exclusively using it? I am about to embark on my first teaching and playing of the game and was curious on how other BBGers approach the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried it last game, but we also seeded the deck so that each player got a random civilization that could legally start in Age 1. It worked pretty well, in my opinion. We unfortunately were never able to schedule our second session, so I can't tell you how it might have worked out in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played that optional several times. Along with the option (forget its name) where you can dump your entire starting hand and draw again, to help if you didn't draw an Age 1 empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only play it starting from Age 1 and dealing everyone an Age 1 empire from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
We only play it starting from Age 1 and dealing everyone an Age 1 empire from the start.

This is how we usually play it. A four player game can be finished in a 3-day weekend playing through all day each day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hideyuki Nonoyama
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll play this game on July 16th-17th with 7 players.
May be with "Total History".
I know we can't play through in such short period.
So we will play continuation in other days.
Nevertheless, our all 7 players insist we must play with "Total History".(I think.whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going to lie, I'm a bit envious that you all have groups that support playing total history. I've only gotten a few games in so far, and those either get called after an age or a specific time due to no one wanting to push through the game so long.

Oh well, maybe one of these days I'll be able to get in a total history. I'm a bit excited as I'll be able to get in my first 6 hour 3+ player game tomorrow... so at least I have that.

If I were to play total history, I've decided that I'd pull the age 1 unconditionally empires and shuffle those, then deal one to each player, then shuffle them back into the rest of the deck and deal the rest of the hand.

So, those who play total history - how long are your games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:

So, those who play total history - how long are your games?

Pretty long. Last year we played a total history game. I think it was something like 15-20 hours. That's an estimate and obviously we played over more than one session, didn't have a chess clock going for an accurate count!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it 3 times. The first two, I don't know how long because we played over a number of nights. The third time was a six player game that took two 12-hour days. We didn't quite finish it, but it was obvious at that point who was going to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.