Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there story elements that, once known, will make the game easier next time it's played? For example, one reviewer said that there were riddles in the game. Are the riddles (and other "exhaustable" things like riddles) crucial to the game?

My hopes are that it's completely replayable with a new narrative (at least, sort of new) each time I play.

I'm going to dig into the rules this weekend, but was hoping someone might shed some light in advance.

Thanks (as always)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not that far into either of my current ongoing Kindred Fire campaigns, but I will say that narrative aside, just the sheer variety (assuming you own a decent number of expansions/packs) in monsters alone provides for immense replayability, especially when combined with the varying hero/class combos. One encounter area populated with two monster groups can be surprisingly different when it's populated with two other monster groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent to know. That's what I was hoping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only partway into Rise of All Goblins, but I can say that after a couple false starts and restarts I noticed the side quests offered at the beginning were entirely different. I think I've seen (not played) 5 or 6 so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and I'll note that it really takes advantage of expansions, if you have them. One side quest I played had Skarn appear as a mid-quest Peril effect, and ended with a boss fight against an amped-up ice wyrm. My in-progress quest takes place entirely on the Mists of Bilehall tile set and has used all the monsters from it, as well as medusae and ironbound. My guess is that most of these are random effects that could change on replay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Oh, and I'll note that it really takes advantage of expansions, if you have them. One side quest I played had Skarn appear as a mid-quest Peril effect, and ended with a boss fight against an amped-up ice wyrm. My in-progress quest takes place entirely on the Mists of Bilehall tile set and has used all the monsters from it, as well as medusae and ironbound. My guess is that most of these are random effects that could change on replay.

I'm officially sold. (Although I already owned the game and App )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:

I'm officially sold. (Although I already owned the game and App )

Welcome to the fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, it's pretty fantastic. I can't wait to see what they continue to add to the app, and ideally they throw out a hero pack for the remaining 8 heroes yet to be converted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.