Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My question relates to player count when playing with the so-called "German" deck (the German setup comprises of stripping out the Cocoa, Wax and Coffee Beans)

When playing with the RGG or American deck, there are set-up instructions for removing cards and bean fields for different player counts.

So the question is: Do the set-ups for the different player counts remain the same when using the German deck or do they no longer apply? In other words, if I am playing with the German deck can I play it out of the box regardless of player count or will I have to follow the set-up instructions for the RGG deck.

If I wasn't clear on what I am asking please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that they would no longer be relevant. If I recall correctly, though, the German version was only for up to 5 players.

I've played the "German way" before and found it a more enjoyable experience. I think playing it with all of the cards lengthens the game too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why you shouldn't vary the set-up as then you're playing the exact same game as with the Rio Grande set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'm not following what you are suggesting.

Are you saying, when playing with the German deck:

a) Adjust the deck as per the RGG rules?

b) Ignore the RGG player count set-up rules?

Please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK what about the third bean field? Is it included in the game when using the German deck?

If it is in the game, do players start the game with the third bean field or must they purchase it later?

Thanks for any info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still in the game, players must purchase them later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times do you go through the deck with the small german deck? (Is it like Rio Grande's "two times for three", "three times for four players"?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.