Erik J
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I've lurked on BGG here and there over the last few years, and have started playing more tabletop things in general recently. My wife and I were inspired to combine her equestrian hobby with a board game, as we didn't really see any great ones still out there.

If you're unfamiliar with equestrian sports, take a look at the Wikipedia entry for Show/Stadium Jumping:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_jumping

We're still very early in the design phase, and have done one major overhaul with some mechanics inspired by Firefly's board game. We may need to do more overhaul!

The game is quite simple. It's mostly dice rolling and a little bit of strategy. Players roll for movement and follow a path through the jump course, rolling skills to try to get over the jumps, with a few twists. First one to the finish wins. Play takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes for 2 players, and a little more for 3-4 players.

Yeah, OK, stadium jumping isn't a simultaneous race. But, hey... it's a board game!

Anyway, I don't know if it's bad form to request people fill out a simple non-disclosure, so you tell me. All of the printing materials and instructions are available as a PDF in Google Drive that we can share if you're willing to provide feedback.

You'll also need a few six-sided dice, something to use as player pieces, and scissors and tape to assemble the board.

We're excited to expand our feedback sources and look forward to your help, questions, and comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALBERTO RODRIGUEZ
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi,
i am very interested in sports games,i will test it if you send me the rules and files to download it.thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.