Subject: Portland Oregon Metro Summer 2016 No-Ship Math Trade! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Simon

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
7/21/2016
The entire trade has ended. See everyone on Sunday, the 24th at 12:15!

----- Leftover Trade Info Below ------------------------------------------

7/18/2016
Leftover Trade is live!

This is the very short/fast leftover trade for last week's Portland No-Ship Math Trade. However, you do not need to have participated in that trade to partake in this one. I wanted this trade to end before the listing deadline of the current US Shipping Trade.

Bien has advised me not to "extend" the previous trade because of site updates. Therefore, you will have to re-enter your listings. You can easily do that by following these instructions.

http://trade.abecorn.com/#/trade/578d066e20ce51003adfdd0e

Timeline
Item listings and wants will end and results will post on 07/21/16 @ 5pm
(NOTE: There will not be a time strictly for "wants". Make sure you post games early for most exposure. )
Trade meet up at 12:15pm at Guardian Games on July 24.

----- Original Trade Info Below ------------------------------------------

7/16/2016 8:30p - Results are official! You can see them on Abecorn, or check them out in this BGG thread.

I know you've all been waiting! Here it is! Our summer Math Trade!

Once again, we will be utilizing Abecorn for the heavy lifting. Find the trade and relevant info here: http://trade.abecorn.com/#/trade/577d6de610f8f5003aa92210

New to Math Trades? Check out the Wiki and don't be afraid to ask questions. It is so easy to join and we'd love to have you.

Timeline
Item listing will close on 07/14/16 @ 8pm
Item wants will close and trade results will post on 07/16/16 @ 8pm
Trade meet up at 12:15pm at Guardian Games on 07/24/2016

For Trade
We are generally trading Boardgames, but most things are allowed to be traded.

Gift Cards & Cash ARE acceptable this time. NOTE: A Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through BGG and is subject to the associated commission fee (3%) required by the BGG Terms of Service. Click here for information on how to pay the fee.

Video games and other things you think would be of value to others are also valid. (Nothing illegal, obviously)

Listing Guidelines
1. Each listing must contain at minimum the edition (i.e., publisher and version, if more than one), language and condition of all items. "Edition pictured" is NOT an acceptable description, as it is unclear. You are encouraged to use the BGG Marketplace condition scale and to detail any blemishes for anything worse than "like new". If it is a PnP game, please include details about materials used.

(I am guilty of this. It is easy to assume your game is in the condition you remember. Please just double check to make sure.)

2. For any item that is not new in shrink, you must inventory it, and you will be responsible for any missing pieces not clearly identified in the item description.

3. Gift Card & Cash arbitrage is not allowed.

4. I reserve the right to remove any entries at my discretion. This will likely only happen if a bad trader is reported, and even then, I will work with the parties involved on a case-by-case basis and may still allow them to participate if I'm satisfied that reparations have been made and that the previous incident is not likely to repeat itself.

Additional Info
I've decided to start this trade from scratch as opposed to bringing the February Trade over. It was getting too bulky.

Unless turn out is very low, I will also being doing a quick leftovers trade from the 17th - 22nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General Abecorn question: I watched the youtube videos and when in the Make Trades tab he said that selecting a box indicates that you are willing to trade 1 for 1. How do I indicate that I'm willing to trade multiple things for something? If I select multiple games that I'm willing to trade for $25, for instance, am I saying that I'm willing to trade all of those games for that, or each individually? If it's the latter, how do I combine items that I'm willing to group together? If it's the former, how do I indicate that there are several things that I am willing to trade individually for something?

I hope this makes sense. I've never done a math trade before but have always been interested. I can't help but think that I'm going to select things wrong and somehow screw myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind, found the faq. It looks like it only deals in 1 for 1 trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
If I select multiple games that I'm willing to trade for $25, for instance, am I saying that I'm willing to trade all of those games for that, or each individually?

If you click multiple games (of yours) for the $25 you're wanting, you're saying you'd be willing to trade only one of those games for $25.

the chandrian wrote:

If it's the latter, how do I combine items that I'm willing to group together? If it's the former, how do I indicate that there are several things that I am willing to trade individually for something?

You can combine multiple of your own entries into a single entry by adding the word "Sweetener" in the condition information and listing the additional games.

the chandrian wrote:

I hope this makes sense. I've never done a math trade before but have always been interested. I can't help but think that I'm going to select things wrong and somehow screw myself.

As a sanity check, in the upper left corner under the "Make Trades" tab, if you click "Print Matrix" you can see a printed list showing what you want and what single item you'd be willing to trade for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
Never mind, found the faq. It looks like it only deals in 1 for 1 trades.

I'm not aware of any system that would allow you to do this. Its difficult to implement code wise and, even if you could, the odds of finding a match this way are pretty slim anyway. Not only do you have to pick the right two games to trade away, but somebody else would have to pick the same exact two games that you did and be part of that trading loop.

What you can do is list multiple games in one lot. For example, I've seen somebody put Coloretto up as an item, but in the description list four other card games that they would get in addition to Coloretto, so they are really trading away five card games as a single set/item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried to add my games to the trade. They seemed to work (the submit button didn't give any errors). But when I view the list of games in the trade, I don't see mine. That's true whether I choose "my games" or "all games".

Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty sure I have added some of my games to abecorn trades in the past.

Also, as a side note, sync-ing my collection isn't working. A bunch of games that I used to have marked For Trade but don't any more are still appearing in my Abecorn list of "for trade" games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
I just tried to add my games to the trade. They seemed to work (the submit button didn't give any errors). But when I view the list of games in the trade, I don't see mine. That's true whether I choose "my games" or "all games".

Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty sure I have added some of my games to abecorn trades in the past.

Also, as a side note, sync-ing my collection isn't working. A bunch of games that I used to have marked For Trade but don't any more are still appearing in my Abecorn list of "for trade" games.

Your account is in sync.

Check the filters underneath the search bar to make sure you're filtering by your haves/for trades/wants.

It looks like you haven't added any items yet, what OS/browser and device are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some trouble with my first few games, too. But eventually things just started working, so I'm not sure what the fix was. It may have been disabling my ad blockers. If you have any kind of script or ad blocking that might cause issues.

Thanks Pete for hosting this. This is my first math trade, so feel free to let me know if I have made any obvious errors or omissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeC0 wrote:
I had some trouble with my first few games, too. But eventually things just started working, so I'm not sure what the fix was. It may have been disabling my ad blockers. If you have any kind of script or ad blocking that might cause issues.

Thanks Pete for hosting this. This is my first math trade, so feel free to let me know if I have made any obvious errors or omissions.

I checked the logs, we did an update when you were on the site, which likely disrupted what you were doing.

P.S. Love your avatar, I have a prototype game with gelatinous cubes as an important element.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to take a moment to thank Ben for implementing the biggest change I wanted to see in the Abecorn system - a trade matrix that reorganizes the order of items based on how many checkboxes they have. I've already noticed a dramatic reduction in the amount of time I spend clicking on boxes as a result and I am very grateful for the effort that went into making that change.
I'd still like to see it reorganize my items posted in similar fashion - right now it keeps the things I've listed alphabetical.
Firefox is still giving me issues with keeping the rows lined up (something that was noted by multiple users in the last national Abecorn trade) - my solution continues to be "just use Chrome instead", which is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
peakhope wrote:

Your account is in sync.

Check the filters underneath the search bar to make sure you're filtering by your haves/for trades/wants.

I click on "Add items". Nothing shows up (as expected). I change the filter to "For trade", and 4 pages of games appear. They include games I currently have for trade (like "10 Days..."), but also games that I used to have for trade, but no longer do ("Battlestar Galactica").

Quote:
It looks like you haven't added any items yet, what OS/browser and device are you using?

Firefox 47.0 on Linux.

I click on the green plus, edit the description, click on the image and then insert image (I still find that part of the UI super unhelpful). Then I click Submit, as I did just now (19:45 PDT). The dialog goes away, but it doesn't seem to have performed the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Bien wrote:
peakhope wrote:

Your account is in sync.

I click on "Add items". Nothing shows up (as expected). I change the filter to "For trade", and 4 pages of games appear. They include games I currently have for trade (like "10 Days..."), but also games that I used to have for trade, but no longer do ("Battlestar Galactica").

Quote:

Firefox 47.0 on Linux.

I click on the green plus, edit the description, click on the image and then insert image (I still find that part of the UI super unhelpful). Then I click Submit, as I did just now (19:45 PDT). The dialog goes away, but it doesn't seem to have performed the action.

We tested RHEL 7.2 with firefox 47 and emulated your account and couldn't reproduce the error.

Could you press "ctrl + shift + i" after you hit submit, take a screenshot and send it to info@abecorn.com? Sorry for the inconvenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
We tested RHEL 7.2 with firefox 47 and emulated your account and couldn't reproduce the error.

Thanks for testing it. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, but I doubt that would matter here. I do have a couple security/privacy-related add-ons, so it might be one of those. If you want the list, geekmail me.

Meanwhile, I fired up chromium, and was able to submit my games that way. So I'm unblocked and am in the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crowther
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like someone is selling a base games including expansions, but then listing the expansion (to only be included with the base game) as separate items for trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having trouble with the "duplicate protection." I click on the button next to an item with duplicates and nothing happens. In the Trade Connections video, it looks like a new window is supposed to pop up, but I've never been able to get that. I'm using Chrome (Version 51.0.2704.103 m) on a PC and Mac, and I've also tried Firefox on a Mac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zepheus wrote:
I'm having trouble with the "duplicate protection." I click on the button next to an item with duplicates and nothing happens. In the Trade Connections video, it looks like a new window is supposed to pop up, but I've never been able to get that. I'm using Chrome (Version 51.0.2704.103 m) on a PC and Mac, and I've also tried Firefox on a Mac.

You're fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Simon

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Less than 12 hours to submit the games you are willing to trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my wife made plans next Sunday and I can't back out of them. Is there a kind/trustworthy soul out there that could take my games for me and get my new games to me next week? No big deal if not. I still have tomorrow to delete my items if need me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
Is there a kind/trustworthy soul out there that could take my games for me and get my new games to me next week?

My brother's acted as a mule for a couple people before (and me as well), so as long as he wouldn't have to go too far out of his way to pick up/deliver the games I'm sure he'd be fine with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeC0 wrote:
Where are you located?

NE. Near the providence hospital on glisan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jensen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade. How do I know if someone has accepted my trades? Or that a trade works between us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splatteredbits wrote:
This is my first math trade. How do I know if someone has accepted my trades? Or that a trade works between us?

The results will be posted tonight. You won't necessarily be trading with 1 person. You may give a game to person A and receive one from person B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splatteredbits wrote:

When the timer runs out, the results will be posted. If you don't see your items in the result, you can check the untraded items and see if anyone wanted your listings.

Check out the Trade Results section on the wiki for a picture walkthrough of the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.