Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Poison cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Näslund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone ttried any good variants with them? As mmentioned in another thread you could remove the four and five cards for less terror.
Any other suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't been able to playtest it yet, but I'm planning to use min/max of two in the future:

If you would normally take 1 poison card, draw two, take the smaller value and shuffle the other card back into the deck.

If you would normally take 2 poison cards, draw two, take only the higher value and shuffle the other card back into the deck.

I've even made a nice little spreadsheet, and the expected values look pretty good. Average damage from weak poison drops by 1 (2.5 to 1.5) and strong poison drops by 1.5 (5 to 3.5). Standard deviation also goes down, so it's a bit less swingy. I'll see if I can upload it somewhere.

Edit: I just put the file itself on my server http://tobiaslunte.de/gummibaerchen/poison_variant_odds.ods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Näslund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Girard
United States
Morrisonville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you kill a poison monster you cure one poison card."

This works great adds theme (think anti venom) and wonderful moments of pleading for others to leave me the nasty little rat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.