Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie x7 title question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the wording on the card

"After executing a 3-, 4- or 5-speed maneuver, you may assign 1 evade token to your ship."

The question I have is the definition of "executing" - is it the same as "reveal" (like clearing a stress with a green move, in which case the tie defender would get its evade token even if the ship bumped or went over an asteroid) or is it the same as "complete" (in which case the tie defender won't get the evade token if it bumps another ship)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you bump, are stressed, fly off the board, you still get an evade token.

Actually not sure about flying off the board but you get the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Optix47 wrote:
I have a question about the wording on the card

"After executing a 3-, 4- or 5-speed maneuver, you may assign 1 evade token to your ship."

The question I have is the definition of "executing" - is it the same as "reveal" (like clearing a stress with a green move, in which case the tie defender would get its evade token even if the ship bumped or went over an asteroid) or is it the same as "complete" (in which case the tie defender won't get the evade token if it bumps another ship)?

Thanks!

If the maneuver is a 3-4-5, the evade happens everytime, no matter what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - that's really powerful then! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Danath wrote:
If you bump, are stressed, fly off the board, you still get an evade token.

Actually not sure about flying off the board but you get the idea.

Nope, ship and upgrade abilities don't work if you fly off the board. Not actually relevant for this, but you can't run a ship off the board to trigger Dead Man's Switch, which is the relevant case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.