Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just happened to see this game and it looks great. Reading the few reviews make it sound promising. I'm just wondering how come there's not much news or hype about this game especially since its using the Halo license. If I'm not mistaken, its been out for a few months already, so where's all the news, comments, criticisms, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be that the cross section between BGG members and Halo fans is fairly small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Table top miniatures games don't tend to get a lot of attention on BGG, I would guess that's a significant portion of the reason why. The Spartan forums are a good place for news and info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Weber
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a very active Facebook group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just comparing it to games like X-Wing and Armada, but I guess those games are in a league all by themselves.

I thought the Halo name would give some more attention though. I'm not a big Halo fan, but it did catch my eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I just happened to see this game and it looks great. Reading the few reviews make it sound promising. I'm just wondering how come there's not much news or hype about this game especially since its using the Halo license. If I'm not mistaken, its been out for a few months already, so where's all the news, comments, criticisms, etc?

Here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1884365661787920/?ref=ts&fre...

And here http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/forum/201-hal...

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloFleetBattles/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the links. Looks like it has a healthy fan following. I just wish it had some more exposure (like someone else posted). Hope it does well! If I can get a hold of this for a decent price, I think I'll pick it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I was just comparing it to games like X-Wing and Armada, but I guess those games are in a league all by themselves.

If they are a league by themselves, then just in terms of marketing. The Spartan Games products are very well made - both in terms of the components (=minis) and the rulesets. Earlier versions had some growing pains, but as they have been at it now for a couple of years, They certainly know what they are doing.

But Spartan is also a very small company - much smaller than FFG. I think they are just too busy with their release schedule (and adding two games in the Halo franchise is certainly not giving them more breathing room). As a result they have hardly any presence on any of the major US events - GenCon, Origins, Adepticon, (and they do not have anybody active here on BGG), which in turn means that less people get to see their awesome models and games.

And on top of it Spartan is a pure miniature wargame company, while FFG has a broad lineup of board and card games, leading to a larger group of BGG users being interested in FFG releases than in Spartan releases. Which is a shame. If FFG had published the very same Halo game that Spartan has developed, it would be much more prominent here on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.