Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
How many hazards do others usually have left at final scoring? I frequently have so few left (it seems) that I must have missed a rule or messed up somewhere. 5-8 seems about normal to me.

If the hazard deck starts with 30 cards you fight 15 in the green phase/round. If you win 10 of those you'll fight 10 (half of 20) in the yellow phase/round. If you win 8 of those you'll fight 6 (half of the remaining 12) in the red phase/round leaving you with 6 at the end (plus any you lost against). Right?

So if hypothetically you won every hazard in every phase (surely not possible) you'd have 15 left, then 7 (fight optional odd hazard), then 3 (fight optional odd hazard). So the final hazard count is at least 3 (more likely 4-6) and maybe up to 12-15?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
How many hazards do others usually have left at final scoring? I frequently have so few left (it seems) that I must have missed a rule or messed up somewhere. 5-8 seems about normal to me.

If the hazard deck starts with 30 cards you fight 15 in the green phase/round. If you win 10 of those you'll fight 10 (half of 20) in the yellow phase/round. If you win 8 of those you'll fight 6 (half of the remaining 12) in the red phase/round leaving you with 6 at the end (plus any you lost against). Right?

So if hypothetically you won every hazard in every phase (surely not possible) you'd have 15 left, then 7 (fight optional odd hazard), then 3 (fight optional odd hazard). So the final hazard count is at least 3 (more likely 4-6) and maybe up to 12-15?

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. I typically lose a few less than 1/2 of the fights in the Green phase, less than 3 or 4 after that. So after Green I might have 20 left, after Yellow about 10 or 12, and then 5 or 6 after Red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. I typically lose a few less than 1/2 of the fights in the Green phase, less than 3 or 4 after that. So after Green I might have 20 left, after Yellow about 10 or 12, and then 5 or 6 after Red.

Yeah I figured. I just needed to work it out in writing and hear the experiences of some other folks before believing it. Would love to hear others numbers still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 12 games that I won this year, I had 6 hazards remaining 8 times, and 5 and 7 twice each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Gillum. My 'benchmark' score is 6 hazards remaining and that happens most of the time. The occasional 5 or 7, and very, very rarely 8 remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the games I've won on Levels 4 and above, I had:
Five Hazards Remaining: 7 times
Six Hazards Remaining: 5 times
Seven Hazards Remaining: 2 times
Four, Eight, or Ten Hazards Remaining: 1 time each
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:

Four, Eight, or Ten Hazards Remaining: 1 time each

The four is hardcore.. good game!

The 10, however, is ultra-impressive as I don't even see how you could lose that many battles and still win.. great game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.