Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about buying two of them for my permanent board game playing surface.

How often do the playmats start to shift/separate?

When playing a typical card game or board game on them does the cushioning seem to be enough, is it nice to play other games on them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Weston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They don't shift much at all during armada games. In fact I cannot remember a time where I had to readjust the mats mid-game.

2. The cushioning isn't terribly thick but I do play card games on it (Magic, etc.) and it works great.

I highly recommend the blank star-field and death star 2 mats. Excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they really shouldn't be shifting at all.

(Team Bespin!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I honestly find the official playmats to be great for MTG or other card games and absolutely terrible for any minis game. The mousepad surface makes it super easy for figures to slide. The pads the,selves stay in place well though.

We just use a 3'x6' yoga mat and it's really good for Armada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I honestly find the official playmats to be great for MTG or other card games and absolutely terrible for any minis game. The mousepad surface makes it super easy for figures to slide. The pads the,selves stay in place well though.

We just use a 3'x6' yoga mat and it's really good for Armada.

And much cheaper! I love my black yoga mats for X-Wing and Armada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Wide Yoga mats aren't prettier but they are a much better play surface for Armada or X-wing if you want precision placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
The 3x6 yoga mat we use has had a bit of markings. One side has silver sharpie marks at the edges of the deployment zones. Just a little has at the map edge.

The other side is our "training" side and has every line I could identify as useful for deployment marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 3x6 play area painted with black texture paint (that had sparkles in it, I noticed when cleaning up...), a yellow haze outside the Armada setup area, and a yellow haze in the mittle 3x3 area for X-Wing. It provides opportunity for eyeball measurements, but no one in my group is serious enough to care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.