Subject: Preorders Shipping Estimate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sikachev
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there
When are the preorders made through the website expected to be shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Canadian orders are on the water. They are headed to a retail store in Toronto where they will be shipped out. I really have no idea when they will arrive in Canada yet the factory isn't giving me timelines. I would guess around the end of July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wouldn't it be faster to ship them by air? They would be there within a couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:
Wouldn't it be faster to ship them by air? They would be there within a couple of days.

Wouldn't it be more expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of a game being shipped from the factory by air. Everything goes out on containership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I don't know what's the price difference, but in some cases it might help get some earnings faster, because the game is going to be on the shelves 1 month earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As we have shipped games, I can tell you that air freight is not an option for shipping mass quantities of games. A couple of cards, maybe. But, the prices aren't even close to being comparable. Patrick would be committing financial suicide to try to ship the games via air freight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:
Well, I don't know what's the price difference, but in some cases it might help get some earnings faster, because the game is going to be on the shelves 1 month earlier.

youre adorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:

The price difference between water freight and air is in the thousands, and depending on the weight / number, 10s of thousands. Haven't you ever shipped something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I mean, it would be good idea, for sure, if it was financially viable! Suggestions are always helpful, and in the abstract it's a fair question. Getting the game on the shelves earlier would be great! But yeah, as has been addressed, it's not really an option at this point.

I can't wait to get my hands on the game either! Thanks for being excited about it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what I can say that has not been said. I did ask about air mail prices and yes it was very expensive. Vast is just over 2 kilograms making it very expensive to ship as is. The enter container of all 4996 Vasts that were in China weight almost 10000 KG and took up I think they said 20 cubic meters of space. We didn't ship them together but yeah air freight for that much weight would have been crippling. Shipping them by ocean has some unexpected costs.

I am going to try and get arrival dates from the factory but bear in mind everyone is racing to get things done in time for Gencon.

The units going to Asian backers have arrived and they are going to be shipped soon as we figure out a logistics issue we are having with the KS editions in Asia.

I am really happy everyone is so excited to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is a major cost. I have heard of one kickstarter that failed because the stretch goals brought the weight up to the point where shipping was not sustainable anymore. I cannot remember which KS this was so I cannot confirm it, but it is not entirely unlikely for something like this to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weight just being over did have an impact on cost. Next time I do a KS I will know how to control this better.

I am fine for funds and I think a 2 kg game is easier to sell than a 1 kg game, but yeah the price stung a bit.

If I do have any trouble flying_neko has offered to make up the difference, is what I am supposed to be inferring right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
4996 Vasts that were in China weight almost 10000 KG.

wowwowwowwow

OK, forget about the air shipping thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think people are surprised by the weight of the thing. You can see why here.

I have a blurry unboxing video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXaeFt8NTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mxrNiG0yc

I got a better camera and shot a solo game too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh7sMSeItLk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
Shipping is a major cost. I have heard of one kickstarter that failed because the stretch goals brought the weight up to the point where shipping was not sustainable anymore. I cannot remember which KS this was so I cannot confirm it, but it is not entirely unlikely for something like this to happen.

I know that was a major situation with Teramyyd: Earthsphere, which still hasn't shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what about european preorders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted this over on the project page. For all purposes pre-orders are the same as backing the KS except that if a site runs out of KS editions we will switch to regular ones for the latest pre-orders. Yours will be shipping in the same timeline if you pre-ordered.

I will do a formal update but here is the status of things.

China: Arrived. We need to move some inventory around.
USA: Will arrive 7/15 -- Will be fulfilled through Blackbox.
Sydney: Will arrive 7/28 -- Good Games Publishing will be fulfilling.
Toronto: Will arrive 7/27 -- Will be shipping to Quiche Games that will send out orders.
Hamburg: Will arrive 8/7 -- Happy Games is going to take care of fulfillment and will be putting units into stores.

How long it takes each depot to ship I don’t have solid data on, but most said they would start right away. The US depot has reserved as long as 3 weeks to get going.

For China - I need to contact a few people that ordered 3 or more and figure out what to do. We don’t have enough of the KS editions there, I can either send them normal ones or they can wait for more to get shipped back. The upside is I will be feeding many, many more games into distribution in China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sikachev
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I just posted this over on the project page. For all purposes pre-orders are the same as backing the KS except that if a site runs out of KS editions we will switch to regular ones for the latest pre-orders. Yours will be shipping in the same timeline if you pre-ordered.

I will do a formal update but here is the status of things.

China: Arrived. We need to move some inventory around.
USA: Will arrive 7/15 -- Will be fulfilled through Blackbox.
Sydney: Will arrive 7/28 -- Good Games Publishing will be fulfilling.
Toronto: Will arrive 7/27 -- Will be shipping to Quiche Games that will send out orders.
Hamburg: Will arrive 8/7 -- Happy Games is going to take care of fulfillment and will be putting units into stores.

How long it takes each depot to ship I don’t have solid data on, but most said they would start right away. The US depot has reserved as long as 3 weeks to get going.

For China - I need to contact a few people that ordered 3 or more and figure out what to do. We don’t have enough of the KS editions there, I can either send them normal ones or they can wait for more to get shipped back. The upside is I will be feeding many, many more games into distribution in China.

Thanks for the update!
What's the difference between the KS edition and non-KS editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aekold wrote:
Thanks for the update!
What's the difference between the KS edition and non-KS editions?
The KS version comes with a fancy black sleeve around the box.

The actual contents are identical in both versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the answers! i think it's safe to assume late august/september then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Martineau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you expect to be available at retail? I know the game is available through the website but since I already bought some games this month I prefer to wait.

Do you know whch store will be selling it in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiche Games which you should all support even if that means you have to travel to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
I've never heard of a game being shipped from the factory by air. Everything goes out on containership.

Monstrous was shipped via air freight direct from the factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:

Monstrous was shipped via air freight direct from the factory.

I don't want to speculate too much but after seeing the shipping rates to Sydney that makes perfect sense.

By the way Kim Brebach is helping us in Australia and has saved the campaign a fair amount of money. You should buy her games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.