Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am trying to play dungeon saga using the solo/co-op mode. Do I need to use the over lord cards? If so when do they get played?

When using the I/O cards after all for heroes have gone the rules state that you would replace the number with the number of adventures, is that the number of players or the number of heroes in the game, since there are always four to be played.

Does the I/O need to still take commands each turn?

Do I need to replace all the over lord cards with interrupt cards in order to play the I/O?

These are the few questions that I can remember for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
paco2099 wrote:
I am trying to play dungeon saga using the solo/co-op mode. Do I need to use the over lord cards? If so when do they get played?

No you don't need the normal OL cards. What you do need is a way to track the number of rounds. You could use the OL cards to do that.
For example:
In the first tutorial quest the OL normally gets 12 cards. So you put 12 OL-Cards on the side of the table and then you discard 3 of them (The OL's hand). At the end of each turn you discard another one. If at some point you can't discard a card because the deck is empty, the heroes have lost.
Although now that I think about it the tutorials have no timer... anywa I hope you know what I mean ;-)

paco2099 wrote:
When using the I/O cards after all for heroes have gone the rules state that you would replace the number with the number of adventures, is that the number of players or the number of heroes in the game, since there are always four to be played.

Do I need to replace all the over lord cards with interrupt cards in order to play the I/O?

I don't have the rules in front of me... I'd have to read up on that :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
paco2099 wrote:

The traditional overlord cards are not used. As already noted you still need a turn timer to figure out when the game ends. The turn time limit is the number of overlord cards listed for the adventure minus 2. You can use a die, notepad, or dummy card pile for this timer.

paco2099 wrote:

The number you are taking from the Adventure is the number of activations the overlord normal gets fro the quest book for this adventure. At the start of the overlord turn, you draw an IO card and follow the tactics based on the ORDER and THREAT listed on the card. After using up those base activations, you then draw another IO card and get NUMBER additional activations to use with the new ORDER and THREAT listed on that card.

paco2099 wrote:

No, The Invisible Overlord cards say whether they are a interrupt or not on them. So the sequence of play is:

1st Hero Activation.

Draw INVISBLE OVERLORD Card, Check if it says Interrupt: YES. If YES, you get NUMBER activations to follow the Tactics described by the ORDER and THREAT. If NO, nothing happens.

2nd Hero Activation.

Draw INVISBLE OVERLORD Card, Check if it says Interrupt: YES. If YES, you get NUMBER activations to follow the Tactics described by the ORDER and THREAT. If NO, nothing happens.

3rd Hero Activation.

4th Hero Activation.

Overlord Turn: Draws an INVISIBLE OVERLORD card and gets the number of Activations listed in the quest book for the adventure being played (ignore NUMBER on card) to follow the tactics outlined by the ORDER and THREAT listed on the card.

Draws a second INVISIBLE OVERLORD card and gets NUMBER activations following tactics determined by ORDER and THREAT on the card.

End of ROUND counter clean up and spell card rotating. Turn Counter Increased.

So in 1 ROUND you draw 5 IO cards. First three are being checked to see if they have the Invisible overlord interrupt the hero play sequence, 4th one represents the Overlords Normal turn, 5th one represents the overlord playing an normal overlord card to get bonus commands.

On average the IO system yields more interrupts and more commands to the Overlord to compensate for the not as smart as a person nature of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.