20 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: I just received my KS copy and... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob lawblaw
msg tools
mb
I don't think I've ever seen a higher quality board game product in my life. Every single component looks and feels amazing. It's so astoundingly good, I'm 100% satisfied with the purchase before even playing my first game. Bravo Jamie and Jakub!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Brennick
United States
Lewiston
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree. The whole presentation is of very high quality on a Kickstarter that completed well ahead of schedule. It's probably been the best Kickstarter experience that I have had so far. I can't wait to play it this weekend!

I could technically play around with the solo rules, but I promised my friends we would all play for the first time together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You kept me in suspense with the ellipses in the subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
badge
It gets even better once you start playing. So rewarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo is awesome also. But you don't want solo to be your first game witht
This one, I played solo first and I spent more time trying to understand how the automa performs a move than playing my own turn. 3 solos later its super easy and intuitive, but its not an ideal first learning experience.

SkyShadow38 wrote:

I agree. The whole presentation is of very high quality on a Kickstarter that completed well ahead of schedule. It's probably been the best Kickstarter experience that I have had so far. I can't wait to play it this weekend!

I could technically play around with the solo rules, but I promised my friends we would all play for the first time together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I'm so excited, I get mine on Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have one minor complaint for Jamie.

Fulfilling KS orders at least a month early is causing me problems. I promised my wife I would not order any games in July and.............

Yeah, she intercepted the package. I had to explain that the nefarious Jamie Stegmaier had messed up and completed this project far in advance. She replied that no KS projects arrive early.

I don't think I'll be sleeping on the couch, but come on, in the future, could you please fulfill these projects 6 months to 2-years later like normal KS???????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I do have one minor complaint for Jamie.

Fulfilling KS orders at least a month early is causing me problems. I promised my wife I would not order any games in July and.............

Yeah, she intercepted the package. I had to explain that the nefarious Jamie Stegmaier had messed up and completed this project far in advance. She replied that no KS projects arrive early.

I don't think I'll be sleeping on the couch, but come on, in the future, could you please fulfill these projects 6 months to 2-years later like normal KS???????

Just move to a different country, I do not have mine yet, still I assume it will hit by July, so your wife would still be mad. Enjoy the couch or does the box tease you to not sleep in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
Ooh, I'm so excited, I get mine on Friday.
Me too, I got my shipping notice today! Just in time for our game group on Saturday, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean, my copy was at the door when I got home last night. The art, the components, everything is just absolutely stunning. I have the collectors edition and it's just wonderful on the table. The upgraded components just make me want to pick up more of Jamie's component chests. Unfortunately; I had some minor box damage which is heartbreaking given the beauty of the box itself, but is what it is I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldnt agree more amazingly high quality blown away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box had damage as well, but everything inside was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When my games arrive with box damage I burn them immediately and order new ones. How are you people so cool about crinkles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
When my games arrive with box damage I burn them immediately and order new ones. How are you people so cool about crinkles?

My copy of Conflict of Heroes arrived with such a damaged box in one corner that it could barely be opened and the corner actually had to be ripped to clear the top and fully open. I was so pissed, but so eager to play that I just dealt with it. The box now stares at me from its shelf and I hate it so, so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clickbait titles diminish everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
CasualToast wrote:

My copy of Conflict of Heroes arrived with such a damaged box in one corner that it could barely be opened and the corner actually had to be ripped to clear the top and fully open. I was so pissed, but so eager to play that I just dealt with it. The box now stares at me from its shelf and I hate it so, so much.

Sounds kinda scary if you ask meangry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wilson
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Listen...everything was Spot ON with Scythe!

I received my collectors edition Kickstarter copy yesterday and had a blast teaching this game to some friends. What an experience!

This was my very first Kickstarter backed game...wow! From the moment I backed the project, to almost weekly updates with production pictures, to a website and link to watch the shipment cross the Pacific Ocean, to receiving my UPS shipping notice from Funagain, to Scythe's arrival at my door, to unboxing and my first game set up...wow!

Simply flawless.

Thank you Jamey and thank you Jakub!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lancemoody wrote:

What happened next was incredible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
lancemoody wrote:

What happened next was incredible

You won't believe what the third post said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lehnen
United States
Bethalto
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't agree more. The quality is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.