Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only rolls 1's and 2's. I just played a game where 5 complete turns were wasted because I rolled a 1/2 a total of 25 times without interruption. The probability of that is 1/847288609443. zombie

-15 VP's in case anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my die came from the same batch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swap the dice.
Use red for you, blue for the Royalists.
Get back to us with the results. laugh

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a recent game of Soviet Dawn I felt that the die must have been defective. So after the game was over I rolled the die 50 times in the dice tower and tracked the results. It came up with each number being rolled 7-9 times. So it seems as if the dice was okay. It just felt like I was getting screwed over by the dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

My Seven Stages of dice rolling

SHOCK & DENIAL- "I can't believe I've rolled another fuggin' 1"

PAIN & GUILT- "It's God's judgement for not remembering Mother's birthday (again)

ANGER & BARGAINING- "Just roll something more than a fuggin' 1, you useless piece of..."

"DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- "I am probably the only person who rolls dice like this"

THE UPWARD TURN- "Hold on, he's just rolled a 1 too" (trying not to smile)

RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH- "If I can just get enough modifiers in this attack...double objective +1...suppression +2...assist +1"

ACCEPTANCE & HOPE- "I just play this for the History, it's not about winning or losing..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sal Vasta’s Laws of Gaming

Law #3: Despite the actual odds, the chance of me rolling something bad is always at least 50%. Whatever is left over is the chance of me rolling something disastrous.

Dan Mixer’s Laws of Inverse Proportionals

Law #1: The odds of rolling high or low are inversely proportional to the desired result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me about it. Rupert got killed in Bronze and I thought Cromwell would clean up. I had at least 3 battles in Silver and Gold where Cromwell obtained draws against a trifling 2 or 3 Royalist cavalry unit. It was decisive in my Marginal Defeat, which in this game, is the best that I have done so far. The Puritans were so pissed, they beheaded Cromwell. It's not in the rules, but that's what happened. It was considered a Cruel Necessity!angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish not Kraut!
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackson62 wrote:
Tell me about it. Rupert got killed in Bronze and I thought Cromwell would clean up. I had at least 3 battles in Silver and Gold where Cromwell obtained draws against a trifling 2 or 3 Royalist cavalry unit. It was decisive in my Marginal Defeat, which in this game, is the best that I have done so far. The Puritans were so pissed, they beheaded Cromwell. It's not in the rules, but that's what happened. It was considered a Cruel Necessity!angry

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.