Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Yokohama» Forums » General

Subject: So tomorrow this will be TMGs most successful KS project of all time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations from an eager backer, hoping to get his hands on a wonderfully deluxified copy of the game asap.
Thanks for doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're there!!! $251.504

WOOHOO! Hats off to both Tasty Minstrel Games and Hisashi Hayashi. Obviously, your combined effort has created a hit.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is now officially the most funded TMG game ever! Hope they put some new stretch goals on there.. I know TMG was saying they are at their max and if anything, they might consider doing a stretch goal for silk screening the silk token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramenlover wrote:
It is now officially the most funded TMG game ever! Hope they put some new stretch goals on there.. I know TMG was saying they are at their max and if anything, they might consider doing a stretch goal for silk screening the silk token.

325K (which seems a big, big stretch)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
$325K is not much of a stretch at this point. The campaign will clear $400K. I think it will clear $450K, and may even beat $500K.

The campaign should hit $325K late July 13 or early July 14.

They'll get more than $100K the last two days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
$325K is not much of a stretch at this point. The campaign will clear $400K. I think it will clear $450K, and may even beat $500K.

The campaign should hit $325K late July 13 or early July 14.

They'll get more than $100K the last two days.

What do you base this on?
I know most KS campaigns have strong final days, especially when there are stretch goals that make the game especially appealing. However, I don't think a euro is likely to gain the momentum that any CMoN game seems to generate...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
A year or two ago one of the campaigns I backed featured a link to Kicktraq's page for that project. I noticed that Kicktraq features two forward looking models: trend and projection. For the campaigns I have observed, neither of these models seemed to provide an accurate estimate of the ending pledge total. I decided to try my hand at a model starting with this campaign.

Most of the highly successful KS campaigns with very appealing products, and this looks to be one of those, I have observed, have a strong start and finish compared to a relatively slow and steady build in between. Based on that, my model assumes the pledge total for the last three days will equal that of the first three days. For the middle (everything but the first 3 days and the last 3 days) I'm applying a running average of the middle days that have finished to those that have yet to finish. Right now my model projects a finish of $434,833. My model projects $321,383 at the end of July 13 and $349,008 at the end of July 14. I have a gut feeling that the finish will be stronger than the start which was the case for the Orléans: Deluxe Edition project.

Here is the Kicktraq daily data url for that project:http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/michaelmindes/deluxe-orlean...

Edit: Refreshing my memories of other campaigns shows the finishes weren't always as strong as the starts. So, I may be overly optimistic, but it looks like a good game, and metal coins are a huge draw as they are so neat to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth be told, I was sort of counting on you being wrong, here. BUt boy oh boy, I am happy that you weren't. For TMG as well as myself. Our Yokohama Deluxe will be so blinged out, that I want to play the game even more now...

Another hearty dose of congratulations to the team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for making your post. I appreciate your act of friendship. I am anxious to play the game too. Playing Orléans: Deluxe Edition was great experience. It made me regret that I didn't back it.

I have my moments when my pride gets in the way of my better judgement, and in many of those times I suffer embarrassment or worse.

Counting on a big finish is pretty risky, and you are right that most eurogames don't finish nearly as strong as this one did.

I think the two main factors that pushed this to a great finish are how well Orléans: Deluxe Edition turned out and metal coins for so little extra cost.

I really enjoin playing with metal coins, but they are so expensive. Generally the best price I am finding for metal coins is about $0.34 (US) each which makes using actual currency cheaper.

Congratulations to the team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.