Popular Tags: [View All]
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just introduced my brother and fiance to this game a few days ago. Neither of them are gamers but they ended up genuinely enjoying it and asking me to bring it with me next time I visit.

Today I received a text from him asking if there were any good 2 player games that have a similar economic system where you're moving goods around to make a profit. I realized I don't own any games like that which is a gap in my collection I'll have to fix!

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just off the top of my head...
Imperial Settlers
Akrotiri
Splendor
The Builders: Middle Ages
Patchwork

None of these are exactly the same as SoA, but are the ones that "jumped" off my shelves upon reading your post.

Edited to provide links...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola and Agricola All Creatures...

They are not exactly the same, but they have the same basic "worker placement to get goods to convert" mechanics. The theme is however quite different...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Gather + Convert (sort of)
Worker Placement
Mean interactions
-The Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction

The main issue here is you want tension with Worker Placement, Resource Management, and the ability to muscle when things get opportunistic.

Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call kinda has this, but as with SoA, better at 3+

Technically you could play SoA with each player getting 2 Clubs, but that is a lot of time and management. Not to mention it would suck a lot ofmthe faster pace out of it.

Somewhat off topic, yet still on...
7 Wonders Duel
Great game where you do not run out of resources but do out play each other and there is a minor military side.

Also, Targi for Workers, and Resource Exchanges. No military, just a great WP for 2p.

Islebound lacks the WP, but you do travel, have multiple economies, and is not interaction-free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Trash
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of Istanbul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.