Subject: Scenarios: With Crisis cards and Secret Objectives or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Nehring
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We just got our Long Night and are playing the The Chimp and The Code and we just finished Main Objective card R1... was that correct? We barely made it with the Crisis cards but the second chapre (R2) is only one round long and it seems unlikely that we could accomplish it along with a crisis card.

We are going for it... but are we simply misreading the instructions and R2 should be Crisis-free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you gotta fail the crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes you have to fail the crisis and/or scenarios in order to have fun. if you overcame everything on the first run, TLN would get dull and predictable real quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
United States
Fredonia
New York
flag msg tools
This is something our group is wondering as well. We played with both and it seems kind of weird to have the secret objectives. The crisis cards definitely feel fine, but with the scenarios only being a few rounds it seems wonky to have the secret stuff.

Looking ahead in the book I thought I saw that it mentions if somebody was exiled or not, which implies playing with hidden objectives. I wonder then if you have one secret objective that goes through all 3 of the scenarios? It would seem weird to heck them at the end of the round, find a betrayer, then move on in the story and still have that person and characters around like nothing happened like "whoops, sorry about that. i tripped and fell in to you with those scissors."

I do however really like the little campaign scenarios and hope they pursue more with that idea. I liked the flow and chain of events and how things built up. I find myself wishing they were longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all three scenarios are one "game". Everyone keeps their secret objectives throughout all three scenarios. The non-betrayers only win if they make it all the way through and complete their secret objectives. If there is a betrayer, they could win at any point if Morale is reduced to 0 and they have completed their other objectives.

I think the scenarios are a pretty cool idea. Normally, the non-betrayers just have one Main Objective that they are trying to complete. But with these scenarios, they have three that they have to do in order. Neat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um...does anyone actually know what the Special Main Onjective Cards R1-R3 look like? I can't seem to find them in my copy of the game anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this problem, too. They are actually on the other side of the other special main objective cards. B1-B3, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JimJam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
How do you define "boardgame addiction"?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very odd, but the backside of my R1 is not B1 (though R2 and R3 have B2 and B3 on their back respectively).

Backside of my R1 is "Clear out the colony" hardcore mode, and B1 is missing from my copy.

Does anyone else have a problem like this? Can someone post the actual B1 so I can print it out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaydash808 wrote:
Can someone post the actual B1 so I can print it out?
Plaid Hat Games should send you a replacement on request. I'll try to upload an image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.