Philip Morton
msg tools
The Mage Wars promo character doesn't strictly belong to this set, but this appears to be the main Exceed forum.

While looking through Devris's cards, I saw a couple of Boosts that are either misprinted or mean that I don't understand how Boosts work.

Drain Life's boost has no Continuous Boost symbol (the + sign, right?) and reads "+3 power and +3 speed"

Phantasmal Might's boost has a Continuous symbol and reads "Draw a card for each card in your Gauge."

I suppose Phantasmal Might could be played as written, since the instructions say, when playing a continuous boost, to do everything on the card that isn't a stat boost and doesn't have a timing keyword, but it seems unusual for a continuous boost to have all its effects immediately and then just...hang out until the next strike, where it will do nothing and then be discarded.

Drain Life I can't see how it could function, since a non-continuous boost should be discarded immediately and if you used your action to play a boost you can't be striking the same turn.

Are the continuous symbols on these two backwards, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brannan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
i dont have them in front of me right now, but yeah the drain life should have a boost symbol and the phantasmal might should not

looking at the early version of the revealed cards looks like they changed at some point in time and the graphics were incorrectly adjusted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
In our final playtest, we swapped the cards that these two boosts lived on, and then apparently we forgot to swap the boost symbols >_<

But yes, Drain Life is continuous, and Phantasmal Might is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.