Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loki's Blessing interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
So obviously Loki's Blessing allows you to invade with a single warrior after losing a battle for free. This of course triggers a new battle, assuming you lost this new battle, you could use the card to trigger a third battle and so on? So if I used this in conjunction with Loki's Trickery I could effectively sacrifice most of my warriors to steal huge amounts of rage with no way for my opponent to escape?

I'm aware of the drawbacks of such a strategy in that all your units are locked up in Valhalla eventually and you're also feeding your opponent glory. But nevertheless, this would be legal right?

Lastly with Thor's Domain, I read this as being you can only re-pillage a pillaged province ONE additional time, not indefinitely as with Loki's Blessing.

I did a search but couldn't find answers to these, so any help is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it's legal but what's the point? If you have Loki's eminence, domain or wrath it might be worth it. You can't pillage until your next turn and if another opponent initiated the pillage you couldn't pillage it again if you lost unless you have Tyr's challenge which allows you to pillage an already pillaged province. If your trying to get all your dudes onto the map then into Valhalla each round maybe you have something but this can be negated by an opponent stealing your Loki cards in the draft.

Thor's Domain allows you to pay 2 rage to immediately try to pillage a land that has not yet been pillaged. (Your mixing it up with Tyr's challenge). Sure it can be combined with Tyr's Challenge but that would cost you 4 rage and unless your in round 3 it's unlikely it would do any good.

Not trying to be a pecimist but I doubt you would win with this strategy alone.

Edit: I read that Tyr's Challenge allows you to repillage as long as you have two rage to pay. So it could be done multiple times as long as your paying the rage to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ark_au wrote:
So obviously Loki's Blessing allows you to invade with a single warrior after losing a battle for free. This of course triggers a new battle, assuming you lost this new battle, you could use the card to trigger a third battle and so on? So if I used this in conjunction with Loki's Trickery I could effectively sacrifice most of my warriors to steal huge amounts of rage with no way for my opponent to escape?

This makes no sense...

"Loki's Blessing - if you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free."

So if you lose a battle you just invade that same province for free with a warrior... Invade means you move a warrior from your supply to the region... is just a move action, not an attack action

you don't start another battle immediately... you have to take a turn to start another battle there if it's even possible because if the person that won the battle was the one that started it that means that the province was pillaged in that round and so no one can start another battle there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
ark_au wrote:

This makes no sense...

"Loki's Blessing - if you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free."

So if you lose a battle you just invade that same province for free with a warrior... Invade means you move a warrior from your supply to the region... is just a move action, not an attack action

you don't start another battle immediately... you have to take a turn to start another battle there if it's even possible because if the person that won the battle was the one that started it that means that the province was pillaged in that round and so no one can start another battle there

Yup. Battles only happen as a result of a Pillage Action. Once you have lost that Battle it is over, and there won't be another Battle in that Province until someone takes another Pillage Action there again. Loki's Blessing has no effect on this what-so-ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ark_au wrote:

I'm aware of the drawbacks of such a strategy in that all your units are locked up in Valhalla eventually and you're also feeding your opponent glory. But nevertheless, this would be legal right?

Lastly with Thor's Domain, I read this as being you can only re-pillage a pillaged province ONE additional time, not indefinitely as with Loki's Blessing.

I did a search but couldn't find answers to these, so any help is much appreciated.

You are all over the place here.
(Thor's Domain - 1 - (4+) - After you invade a province, you may pay 2 rage to immediately try to pillage it)
This doesnt have anything to do with repillaging. Are you thinking of (Tyr's Challenge - 0 - (2+) - As your action, you may pay 2 rage to "repillage" an already pillaged province.)

There is no limit to the number of times you can repillage a province if you have the rage for it.

Even if you had Tyr's Challenge, and (Loki's Blessing - 1 - (4+) - If you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free.) You could not automatically pillage after losing the battle. Tyr's challenge says "As your action..." Losing a battle and getting a free warrior invade is not your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to write a reply, but realized that my post was going to look a lot like Todd's. So...

^^^ What Todd said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Sorry, you're completely right Todd I was thinking of Tyr's Challenge, bad idea to trust my memory of names haha.

No that's a great help, I think where we have been playing wrong was that if you moved to an area that had enemy units that it would automatically trigger a battle. So now I know a battle only happens when someone takes a pillage action.

Thanks for all the answers guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.