☃ daniel ☃
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To earn the 'All 7 Types' bonus card, do you need to have placed a cloister on it's own, and not use it to 'copy' another card, or is using it to copy another card sufficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does not have to be on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

I don't think that's right... a cloister that is in another set ceases to be a cloister and it's effectively a building of that type losing it's color...

To count for that objective it has to be a on it's own or in a set with only cloisters

Pag.11 of the rules:

Quote:
Wild: A cloister may be placed together
with any other type of card (this is not
otherwise allowed!), and becomes a card
of that type for the rest of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

I also think it has to be in it's own set because it becomes a card of a different type otherwise indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also have a look here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify; to get the bonus "7" card you need all seven sets (3 of each) of card types to get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Just to clarify; to get the bonus "7" card you need all seven sets (3 of each) of card types to get it?

No, you need to have a card of each type on your estate, doesn't have to be sets of 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Also have a look here

I think they are wrong there as they are wrong in this post...

To me it's clear that you need to have the cloister be a cloister...

when the cloister is played into another set it ceases to be a cloister and is now a card of that type... it essentially loses everything the cloister is, the type of card and color and becomes a virtual copy of the cards in the set it was placed on

Quoting again form the Rules... bottom of pag.11:

Quote:
- Wild: A cloister may be placed together with any other type of card (this is not otherwise allowed!), and becomes a card of that type for the rest of the game.

Always place cloisters behind the other cards, hiding the 6 victory points.
This also works vice versa: When you place a different type of card on one or two cloisters, the cloisters change to that type for the rest of the game.

Like the rules say, the cloister is no longer a cloister... it's now a Pasture, or a Boat, or a mine, etc, etc, etc... so it doesn't count for that bonus...

To count for that bonus it has to be a cloister, on it's own or in a set with only cloisters!

To go even further, on Pag.13 when they explain the "7 type of card bonus" on the right side it says:

Quote:
All 7 types of cards in the estate generates an “All 7 types” bonus card (

Like it was said before in the rules, when a Cloister is used as a wild card on a set with other type of buildings it ceases to be a Cloister and "is now that type of building for the rest of the game"
So if the cloister is no longer a cloister it obviously doesn't count as a cloister for that bonus!

What seems to confuse people is the mention to "have all 7 colors" that was poor writing because the color doesn't matter, it's the type of building that matters and as the rules say, when the Cloister is in a set with a different building it's now that type of card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad the Cloister ceases being a Cloister when it's added to a card set of a different type and THEN not to be able to be a real copy of that set, it's just a card count towards the set.

It would've been cool if the rules said that the when a Cloister is added to a card set of a different type that it remains a Clositer in addition to the card type of the set its being used for.

Oh well, it is what it is.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
To go even further, on Pag.13 when they explain the "7 type of card bonus" on the right side it says:

Quote:
All 7 types of cards in the estate generates an “All 7 types” bonus card (

What seems to confuse people is the mention to "have all 7 colors" that was poor writing because the color doesn't matter, it's the type of building that matters and as the rules say, when the Cloister is in a set with a different building it's now that type of card

The funny thing is that the German rules (German publisher/designer) explain it with
Quote:
Zur Verdeutlichung: Es ist egal, ob ein Kloster dabei einer anderen Art zugeordnet wurde oder nicht!

To clarify: It doesn't matter if a Cloister is placed as another type or not.

Poor rules writing indeed,especially as even in the German rules they jump around with color and type for the All 7 bonus. However, the note, which was omited in the English rules, makes it clear how it's supposed to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Quote:
Zur Verdeutlichung: Es ist egal, ob ein Kloster dabei einer anderen Art zugeordnet wurde oder nicht!

To clarify: It doesn't matter if a Cloister is placed as another type or not.

Poor rules writing indeed,especially as even in the German rules they jump around with color and type for the All 7 bonus. However, the note, which was omited in the English rules, makes it clear how it's supposed to be played.

Berhard, thank you for the clarification! I doubt my German is up to snuff for being able to sort that out.

One other piece of the puzzle might be found on page 11, regarding Cloisters (just below the passage about how a wild cloister "becomes a card of that type for the rest of the game"):

Quote:
Note: The cloister still does not grant a bonus function.

So - even if you place a Cloister as a Castle, it doesn't really become a Castle (in the sense that you would get +1 free action for placing it) - it just becomes a Castle for the purposes of completing a triple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only are the German rules clear that it does not have to be on its own, but if they had to, you can easily get a situation where you have 7 types at one point and then go down to 6 by playing a card on top of one or two cloisters, which just seems weird to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HexNash wrote:
Not only are the German rules clear that it does not have to be on its own, but if they had to, you can easily get a situation where you have 7 types at one point and then go down to 6 by playing a card on top of one or two cloisters, which just seems weird to me.

That's a really good point which isn't particularly highlighted in the rules (it's easy to miss).

In English:

Quote:
This also works vice versa: When you
place a different type of card on one
or two cloisters, the cloisters change to
that type for the rest of the game.

The German equivalent is this, I think:

Quote:
Diese Funktion gilt auch umgekehrt: Legt
ein Spieler eine beliebige Karte auf ein oder
mehrere bereits ausliegende Klöster, nehmen
diese damit für den Rest des Spiels die Art
und den Wert der neuen Karte an.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Dewulf
msg tools
No it doesn’t matter you Just have to have the colors in your estate.

To explain and illustrate: It does not matter whether a Cloister was assigned to another type or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.