8 Posts

51st State: Master Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: What does "May be activated twice" mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alx Dark
msg tools
Many action cards have the phrase "May be activated twice."

Does this mean "may be activated twice every round" or does this mean "may be activated two times in the entire game"? In the latter case, it's something like the "rule of 3" in the earlier version of the game... ?

This changes the card's value significantly, but I can't find a clarification in the rule book.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it means it can be activated twice in the same round... you can choose to do those two activations at the same time (meaning in the same turn) if you have the resources to do so, you don't have to activate once and then activate it a second time later in the same round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9, right hand column, Note:

"You can only use an action on a card once per round unless the text says otherwise. If it can be used more than once, you can choose to activate it all at once or on different turns."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alx Dark
msg tools

Wow, that makes these cards much more valuable. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Damron
United States
Danville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for some clarification on this - I read this as the card can, in the OP's example, be used twice total within a game, and both of those times can be within the same turn. This would also explain why the cards that can be activated twice are often cheaper than the cards that can be activated once per turn.

Is this correct?

kelann08 wrote:
Page 9, right hand column, Note:

"You can only use an action on a card once per round unless the text says otherwise. If it can be used more than once, you can choose to activate it all at once or on different turns."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's twice every ROUND.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Damron
United States
Danville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually seeing that now. The confusion came from me mixing up the words round and turn - my bad!

No_Frets wrote:
It's twice every ROUND.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
shootfr0mthehip wrote:
I'm actually seeing that now. The confusion came from me mixing up the words round and turn - my bad!

All publishers and designers IMO should adopt the same terms for this, it would make life a lot easier
All the rulebooks I am in use it "correctly" (I hope)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.