Nations: Dynasties» Forums » General

Subject: Limitation to some nation, does it design intationally ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zanlin phon
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Good morning!

I find that 6 board with 12 nations leads to an obvious problem: Some nations will not appear in a game. For example, Viking and Japan can't meet in a game. Does it design in tentionally? For balance or etc?

Otherwise I want to make custom nation card to fit A-side as a unplayable nation for not playing old 5 nations too frequently.

For exmaple, to solve Japan-Viking problem, I will make a Japan board on A-side. I need one advisor card(with 2 stability and special in word), one building with 3 food and one blank building card. Quarry, Axeman, Temple already appear in A-side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
july mjj
Philippines
Cebu City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
designers already mentioned that this was a cost-cutting measure.

what some people did to solve this was scanned and printed the other nations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zanlin phon
Taiwan
flag msg tools
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Maxime Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
At first, I planned to print and laminate 6 new boards to counter that problem. But after playing ~20 games of Dynasties, I realized that it didn't really matter at all.

I think we had to re-pick only once (maybe twice?) because 2 of the picked Nations were on the same board. It really isn't a big deal whatsoever.

One way to think about it is that 2 Nations will never play against one another (Like Viking vs Japan).

The other way to see it is that every Nation can play against 15 other Nations out of 16.

---

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but if you are afraid of picking the old Nations too often (45% chance if randomly picking boards), just pick among the Dynasty Cards instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.