Subject: Move one hex and back again with +1 speed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up in my play of Scythe today. On page 15, the rules say that when you're able to move more than one hex at a time, you can drop off recruits along the way to your final destination.

My question is, is there any rule against moving a mech with multiple recruits one hex, dropping them off, and then moving the mech back to the hex it started that move on? Or vice versa: can you move a mech one space, picking up multiple recruits, and using the second step of that move action to bring them all back?

The rules don't mention it either way, so I'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rules suggest you can totally do this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can absolutely do this.

In addition, if you still have movement actions available, you can then move those workers to another hex on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, that's within the bounds of the Move rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. It seemed reasonable. It was a very specific situation where I had four recruits on one hex with a mech and had already produced all but one of the goods I needed there. I wanted to move three recruits to the next space where I already had another mech, and then bring the mech back to guard the remaining recruit.

First game at 3 players today. I was teaching my sister and bro in law. Fantastic at 3 as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.