Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, does anyone have any idea how to store all the kickstarter stuff? I know I can get a storage system from Battlefoam but has anyone come up with any cleaver ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Storage!
Maybe change your subject to have a question mark. Phrased as it is makes it look like you have a solution, not a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witt Sullivan
United States
Saltillo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've pretty much kept the individual boxes intact and have them stored in two Sabol Motor Pool bags right now.
I want to figure out a way to put all the hero mini's in one box so I can give my friends all the options.(Tackle storage box?)
I combined all the equipment cards from all the boxes into one large deck. I think they'll fit okay in a couple .3 liter Really Useful Boxes I got from Hobby Lobby.
I think I'll get a tackle box/bead storage box for my plastic and cardboard tokens. The first player coin and all the dice went into the dicebag, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
If you aren't painting, and you don't have tons of extras, everything can store in the main 2 boxes. Zombies can go into the bottom box tray of the npc's, with a couple of the guest artist hero box trays to hold the wolves and npc's. These can stack in the wolf expansion box, with enough room for the abominations on the side. You'll have to use some foamcore, or foam, or something to keep them from rattling around too much.

All the tiles go in the main box bottom, with the tokens around the edges (use the cardboard supports that were there turned upside down as little trays for the tokens). The pizza box can hold the cards and dashboards, and the heroes in one of the guest artist boxes.

If you're painting, you need to decide how worried you're going to be. I made a simple foam core divider for my heroes to all fit in the pizza box, with the tiles and tokens below that in the main box. The wolfs box holds the zombies divided in the same box tray bottoms (I'm putting a coat of clear laquer on them after painting, so I'm not too worried if they are touching, and if there's a scratch or two after a while, they're just zombies), with the dashboards, cards, and dice on the side. I made a simple foam core divider for the 5 bosses to fit in the boss box.

This is worth checking out if you're interested in cutting out the plastic trays to make a more secure way to hold the bosses all in one box:
http://imgur.com/a/gEnw4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H

California
msg tools
Check out go7gaming.com

They have a great insert for the base game box that allows you to nicely fit the majority in it. They are in process of designing an insert for the expansion box that is supposed to nicely hold the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not painting, why not putting each type of mini (Zombies, Fatties, Wolfs,heroes,...) in a seperate zip lock bag and all zip lock bags in the two boxes (main game and Wulfsburg)? Discard the plastic and cardboard inlays...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try and get around to taking some photos later, but I've managed to get nearly all the Kickstarter stuff in the two boxes, something like the following:

Base game box has four guest-box lids in the base, for all the heroes, along with hero cards (split equally between the boxes). On top of those are the base game map tiles. On the of those are four more guest-box lids, containing zombies (walkers, NPCs, runners/fatties, crowz). On top of those are a couple of hero boards and rulebooks. There's enough room down the sides to fit bags containing tokens, vaults, dice bag, card holder sections etc.

Wulfsburg box has the other 10 hero boards stacked in one corner, two of the deeper guest-box lids containing abominations/necromancers (I bought two sets of the bosses; both fit in these boxes, but it's a bit of a puzzle to get them in). Grom&Thalia box in the corner contains Deadeye Walkers. Bags containing Wolves, pegs and bases fit down the remaining edge. Wulfsburg map tiles on top of all this. Bags containing cards split into separate decks fit around the edges of the tiles.

The only things I haven't got in are:
That enormous rat(!)
Dice tower
3D Doors (But if I'd only got one set of abominations, the doors would go in the Wulfsburg box easily)

At some point, I'll be transferring everything into foam once I get painting, but for now this seems to work pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have EVERYTHING from Kickstarter; I have the Knight Pledge, Plastic Tokens, Dead-Eye Walkers, Doors, and Deck Holders but I got it all to fit in the two original boxes.

Open the Black Plague Box and you'll see ALL of the boards, surrounded by the plastic tokens.

The tokens are in trays so they can be easily accessed while playing.

Remove the boards and the tokens:

Walkers, Necros and Aboms, Fatties and runners, NPC and crows.
Below, two deck holders with the spawn cards, 6 dashboards with dice and hero cards.

The Wolfsburg box holds the rest:

Plastic doors and deck holder with equipment cards, Heroes and wolves, the giant aboms and plastic wall sections and deadeye walkers.

I've since finished painting everything.

The idea is to make fulfilling the spawn cards easy during game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wittzo wrote:
I want to figure out a way to put all the hero mini's in one box so I can give my friends all the options.(Tackle storage box?)

I use a Plano 3701 to store my heroes. I have everything from the Knight Pledge + the Guiton SGB and the plastic tokens in one, excluding Klom and Hewelin who are too big and have to hang out in the big box with the zeds. If you ordered more SGBs, you'll probably need another box and I'm sure there are more that are just too big to fit in the 3701.

As for everything else, I need pics to explain it in detail*, but essentially I have one Plano 3630 for minis in each box (base zeds + all necros + oversized heroes in the base box, wulfz + NPCs + deadeyes in WB box). All tiles, eight dashboards, dice bag, and hero cards in the base box (although I'm not happy with how the hero cards have to go in); remaining four dashboards and that flarking pain-in-my-tush abominarat in the WB box. Zombie Bosses are still hanging in their box, I just couldn't manage to get them in anywhere that felt secure.

*and I probably missed something in the explanation; I'll try to update later with pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJoat wrote:
I don't have EVERYTHING from Kickstarter; I have the Knight Pledge, Plastic Tokens, Dead-Eye Walkers, Doors, and Deck Holders but I got it all to fit in the two original boxes.

Open the Black Plague Box and you'll see ALL of the boards, surrounded by the plastic tokens.

The tokens are in trays so they can be easily accessed while playing.

Remove the boards and the tokens:

Walkers, Necros and Aboms, Fatties and runners, NPC and crows.
Below, two deck holders with the spawn cards, 6 dashboards with dice and hero cards.

The Wolfsburg box holds the rest:

Plastic doors and deck holder with equipment cards, Heroes and wolves, the giant aboms and plastic wall sections and deadeye walkers.

I've since finished painting everything.

The idea is to make fulfilling the spawn cards easy during game play.

How come all your heroes are gray? Mine are brown. Did you paint them gray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Donny. All fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:

How come all your heroes are gray? Mine are brown. Did you paint them gray?

I sprayed primer on all of the figures before they were painted. They once were brown...now everything is painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJoat wrote:
I sprayed primer on all of the figures before they were painted. They once were brown...now everything is painted.

Curious, which primer do you use? Acrylic paints? Did you put a sealant on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
TheJoat wrote:

Curious, which primer do you use? Acrylic paints? Did you put a sealant on top?

Oh, I am so unsophisticated. blush
I had some Rustoleum gray primer I used.
Then I painted the figures with a combination of The Army Painter colors and some Vallejo paints.
Once dry, I spray everything with a coat or two of Behlen Dead Flat clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I will be burned at the stake for being such a heretic, but I do not ever plan to paint my ZBP. So I have so much less of a problem with storage. I can dump figures into a small box and stack all the tiles and rules together. Makes it possible to get everything I own into two boxes.... Until ZBP2 comes out. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Woods
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I use Art Bin Super Satchel Deluxe (6980AB).

All fits in and organised for quick easy access.

I can upload a couple of photos to show some people if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Gesser
Brazil
Florianópolis
SC
flag msg tools

This is what I've came with:

All zombies fit inside Wulfsburg's box, grouped in smaller boxes by type.
The exception are the big Abominations, which are arranged the best way possible using the remaining space.

Everything else is inside the main box.
Only 6 trays are kept inside the box.
Zombies and items cards are inside the deck holders.

Tiles are at the bottom of the box.
The big organizer holds the survivors and other stuff used during game setup, like doors and objectives.
And the smaller one holds tokes used during gameplay.
The survivor cards are in an old playing cards box, until I find a better solution.

All made with stuff I found laying around the house.
The smaller boxes, for instance, are mostly from my wife's beauty products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJoat wrote:
Oh, I am so unsophisticated. blush
I had some Rustoleum gray primer I used.
Then I painted the figures with a combination of The Army Painter colors and some Vallejo paints.
Once dry, I spray everything with a coat or two of Behlen Dead Flat clear.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools

I opted for the Plano route myself...

I used a 5231 for the heroes and a 1363 for the zombies.

5231 top - most of the heroes

5231 bottom - remaining heroes, hero cards, dice and player bits. Plenty of room for extra heroes... which I probably won't buy, too many as it is now whistle

1363 top - player boards, largest figures, dice tower and broken wall/plastic tokens (in the blue box)

1363 1st insert - walkers/runners/fatties

1363 2nd insert - necros/abominations/crows

1363 3rd insert - NPC packs (1&2)/Deadeyes/wolves/plastic bases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
I opted for the Plano route myself...

I used a 5231 for the heroes and a 1363 for the zombies.

Nice, I may have to switch to a 5231 for my heroes (and tokens) as well, it solves the "where the heck do I put my hero cards?" dilemma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Piorkowski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
kmhollon wrote:
Check out go7gaming.com

They have a great insert for the base game box that allows you to nicely fit the majority in it. They are in process of designing an insert for the expansion box that is supposed to nicely hold the rest.

If I remember right Go7Gaming is saying using two copies of the base box set should hold everything from the kickstarter. Just the Wulf box is raised a little.

I am leary as they kind of lump figs together and if I am painting them I'd prefer them not sloshing around.

I have used Go7Gaming for my Imperial assault stuff and have been very happy. So I may get this any how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DemanKnght wrote:
kmhollon wrote:
Check out go7gaming.com

If I remember right Go7Gaming is saying using two copies of the base box set should hold everything from the kickstarter. Just the Wulf box is raised a little.

I am leary as they kind of lump figs together and if I am painting them I'd prefer them not sloshing around.

I have used Go7Gaming for my Imperial assault stuff and have been very happy. So I may get this any how.

Our current ZBP insert, which uses only the base box, handles the base + Wulfsburg content. We are working on an insert for the Wulfsburg box to store KS content now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cuthbertson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bgriggs wrote:
DemanKnght wrote:
kmhollon wrote:
Check out go7gaming.com

Our current ZBP insert, which uses only the base box, handles the base + Wulfsburg content. We are working on an insert for the Wulfsburg box to store KS content now.

I'm looking forward to seeing that. I've been keeping my eye out for a good solution and the main reason most of them won't work is because of the abominations (curse your massive size abominarat, and you too troll). I'll have painted figures too but because they'll be quickshaded and spray varnished, the "sloshing" in the trays wont be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L.

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just wondering where did you put the map tiles and rule books?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a tray for map tiles and a recessed area for the rulebooks on top of the ZBP-001 for rulebooks.

-Bobby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.