Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any strategic purpose to the Oracle for whom the game is named for? I see no advantage in moving her along since it just holds your own pieces back. I've never seen her move more than once with human opponents. The iPad AI moves her more frequently and I destroy the AI as a result.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Is there any strategic purpose to the Oracle for whom the game is named for? I see no advantage in moving her along since it just holds your own pieces back. I've never seen her move more than once with human opponents. The iPad AI moves her more frequently and I destroy the AI as a result.

Am I missing something?

Do not make strong conclusions based on how an okayish AI fares against more creative humans

A lot depends on the cards you have in hand. As it can score you 5 points that already makes up for not moving forward. Hey, the spirals even make you go backwards which is also fine here! It is not Keltis where you absolutely need to go forward as much as you can to score high - in Das Orakel there are a few strong scoring possibilities besides the points printed on the board - well, those may give you theoretically 27 points max. (2 pieces on 10 and one on 7) but it's a game where, in our plays, the winner scored 80 to 120 points. Of course we don't move the Oracle forward all the time, but usually I get 10 to 20 points from the Oracle in my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually see her moved 3-4 times per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.