Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gus Cook
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the better sales I've seen from CSI in quite a while (particularly for the base game and the big box expansions). But everything with "Imperial Assault" in the name is getting a discount.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/2771
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures, I recently bit the bullet and paid MSRP for all the recent IA expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Koenig
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
This right after the armada sale... CSI really wants my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boy, did I dodge a bullet with the Miniature Market sale!

montag451degrees wrote:
One of the better sales I've seen from CSI in quite a while (particularly for the base game and the big box expansions). But everything with "Imperial Assault" in the name is getting a discount.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/2771

Oh, crap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tankbot
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At least you managed to dodge one of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reason I don't buy everything when it is released. Everything always hits a deep discount before I need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
msg tools
Why did I check BGG before bed? Why couldn't I see this once everything was sold out and all I could do is shrug my shoulders?

My wallet weeps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh great surprise soblue Just when I though my wallet was safe this month..... I have a few days to talk myself into...... I mean out of it......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and I thought I might just leave the Bespin Gambit wave for my Christmas list. Silly me.

But hey, I can't complain about getting the whole wave that cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Z
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mb
The solution to combat Asmodee North America's inflated price is with sales. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are must have expansions beyond Twin Shadows? Was thinking of filling out my collection but that's still $150. Is Return to Hoth really worth the big box price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's got wampas, an imperial tank, a buttload of Hoth tiles, and a medical droid hero. You tell me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Me
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampyur wrote:
What are must have expansions beyond Twin Shadows? Was thinking of filling out my collection but that's still $150. Is Return to Hoth really worth the big box price?

Hoth Campaign is almost as long, or as long as the original campaign. If you play campaigns, then yes it is worth it. Some of the missions are a little more exciting and shake things up a bit more than the original campaign as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
As for all the secondary expansions, what are some of the required ones (if any) for the main expansions? Basically, I bought into the game with Twin Shadows and the core box and need to know where to go from there.

I plan on getting Bespin and Hoth, but all the other expansions available for characters, what do I need to get? Or what should I get? Is it just preference on what I enjoy playing with?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the Obi-Wan, Greedo, and the Grand Inquisitor packs were also on sale, as I still need those, but it's wonderful to see a sale on The Bespin Gambit and the Lando and Bossk packs!

The Force is strong in CoolStuffInc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, this is bad. Very bad. I took a break from IA expansions with the price hike.

With a sale like this, time to load it up!

On the other hand, maybe this is good... will it somehow show ANA they can move product with sales? I'm curious how sales are impacted by the ANA pricing structure. Are they exempt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalkinn wrote:
On the other hand, maybe this is good... will it somehow show ANA they can move product with sales? I'm curious how sales are impacted by the ANA pricing structure. Are they exempt?

As far as we've been led to believe, there is no MAP or price floor in the ANA pricing structure. ANA is simply charging online retailers more ("more" in the sense of "more than they used to" or "more than they charge B&M retailers" or both).

Maybe CSI can sustain the thinner margins by having these focused burst sales to move a lot of volume? I don't know, but clearly it's a trend given the number of FFG lines that we've seen given this treatment lately:

* Netrunner
* LOTR LCG
* Battlelore
* Star Wars X-Wing / Armada / Imperial Assault

(maybe something else, that's just off the top of my head)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the boxed expansions are worth it because they add new heroes. That said, Hoth is supposed to be the best of them (my group has only played through the core and Twin Shadows so far). After that, the little boxes are only worth it if you're a completionist or play skirmish and want those particular figs. They add a fig (but you already have the related token if you needed it for gameplay) and a mission (which are kind of hit and miss). Some of them add more cards for the darkside player to use.

I'm the former and so have to buy everything. Picked up the Bespin wave! Great deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
euronoob wrote:
Dalkinn wrote:

As far as we've been led to believe, there is no MAP or price floor in the ANA pricing structure. ANA is simply charging online retailers more ("more" in the sense of "more than they used to" or "more than they charge B&M retailers" or both).

Maybe CSI can sustain the thinner margins by having these focused burst sales to move a lot of volume? I don't know, but clearly it's a trend given the number of FFG lines that we've seen given this treatment lately:

* Netrunner
* LOTR LCG
* Battlelore

Ah, yes. Good points! Though, with the discounts here they seem to be using this a loss leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Squeeeeeeee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
i_am_davester wrote:

So what you're saying is, next week will be X-Wing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brianish wrote:
i_am_davester wrote:

I missed the Armada one by a mere hour - wa sout of town and got back very late ... it ended before 12 AM my time ...

Crying still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalkinn wrote:
euronoob wrote:
Dalkinn wrote:

* Netrunner
* LOTR LCG
* Battlelore

Ah, yes. Good points! Though, with the discounts here they seem to be using this a loss leader.

I guarantee you they're still making money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brianish wrote:
i_am_davester wrote:

You missed the X-Wing sale. Until the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted but we've barely touched IA. Difficulty seemed really artificial and swingy in the base campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.