Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Coleman
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Have there been any modern sub games? I already have the Hunters & soon will have the Hunted.

My question is have there been any modern sub games that feature submarine warfare between 1990s to 2016s? I'm curious as it would be awesome to try out a modern attack sub in a fictional or alternate scenario.

Are there any designers working on something like that or are there other games? I know of Attack Sub, Harpoon 4, and other sub games that were WWII or not so modern; I really would like to know if there's indeed a really modern one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Not the avatar you're looking for
mbmbmbmbmb
One coming out soon that looks great is Captain Sonar.

Steam Torpedo: First Contact is an ok, light weight 2-player game that's 50% off at Barnes & Noble right now.

If you're looking for more of a war simulation, I'd ask on the war games board for recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They Come Unseen Is a Cold War era pre-nuclear sub game, NATO subs vs USSR hunter-killer frigates in the Barents Sea. Uses hidden movement mechanic. It's designed by Cmndr Andy Bedford, a Perisher-qualified (former) Sub Commander.

A good book to go along with it is 'The Silent Deep' by James Jinks and Peter Hennessy. Covers the UK Sub Service since WW2. Fascinating stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Red November
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Sonar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An older game - but maybe worth looking up? Attack Sub

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.