Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this game be available retail? If so, anyone have a clue when? Really bummed I missed the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chances are that the game will get a retail release, but there are no plans for it as of yet I'm afraid. The authors are too busy working on the actual game, they'll be looking into future options once the game has been completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
79strat wrote:
Will this game be available retail? If so, anyone have a clue when? Really bummed I missed the KS.

You can almost put your house on it. KS games usually use profits from pledges to fund retail production on the back of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There may not be a widespread release in FLGS - but I'm sure you'll find it on their website as an option to get an order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty tempted to get this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the Meeplescope
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacted the company:

Quote:
Hi John and thank you for your interest in The 7th Continent,

We are currently focusing on our backers and the “Kickstarter version” of the game therefore we don’t know yet how and when the game will be available again.

Stay tuned on www.the7thcontinent.com to be informed when the game is available again for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kent
United States
Houston
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the kickstart but will buy it retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So......theres a chance it might be available for retail. Not even a sure thing.

When do you all think would be the earliest it would be available for retail? Early 2017? I would hope late 2016 but that's probably wishful thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
So......theres a chance it might be available for retail. Not even a sure thing.

When do you all think would be the earliest it would be available for retail? Early 2017? I would hope late 2016 but that's probably wishful thinking.

I think there is virtually no chance that it will be available in 2016, even for Kickstarter backers. If we see it in Q1, 2017, that would be fantastic, but even that is on the hopeful side, since manufacturing hasn't even begun yet. The last update suggests that it will be a few months before all the design and pre-production is finished (e.g. graphic design, layout, editing, etc.).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-cont...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
Epidemius wrote:

I think there is virtually no chance that it will be available in 2016, even for Kickstarter backers. If we see it in Q1, 2017, that would be fantastic, but even that is on the hopeful side, since manufacturing hasn't even begun yet. The last update suggests that it will be a few months before all the design and pre-production is finished (e.g. graphic design, layout, editing, etc.).

Sigh. Really want this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
Epidemius wrote:

I agree, it looks like we're at least 6 months out from getting the game. Looks like all those add-ons and minis are backing things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.