Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that the main expansion is currently available from CSI, but the base game is not. Is the base game available at retail at this time or is it between print runs? If it is currently OOP, when is the base game expected to be available at retail again? I know a Kickstarter for another Catacombs game finished up recently, so I don't know if another potential print run for the third edition base game is tied to that printing or not. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elzra sells the game from their online shop. It also appears to be on sale currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's between printings. The distributors don't have (published) availability dates, but the Kickstarter rewards are expected to be shipped in November. Given that a copy of Catacombs is available as a part of some rewards, I'm expecting it's next printing will be around then. Hopefully it won't be later. I bought the expansion after hearing that the base game would be reprinted "soon" and have been impatiently waiting ever since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThaDoc wrote:
Elzra sells the game from their online shop. It also appears to be on sale currently.

I hadn't realized that! I excitedly checked it out and found that it's on sale for $60 USD plus $30 s&h. Since the posted price at CoolStuff Inc is $43. I think I'd rather wait. Maybe this means new copies will be making their way into to the domestic distribution chain soon, though. We can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
Yes, it's between printings. The distributors don't have (published) availability dates, but the Kickstarter rewards are expected to be shipped in November. Given that a copy of Catacombs is available as a part of some rewards, I'm expecting it's next printing will be around then. Hopefully it won't be later. I bought the expansion after hearing that the base game would be reprinted "soon" and have been impatiently waiting ever since.

Is the expansion being reprinted along with the new Kickstarter stuff and Catacombs base game? I don't know whether picking up the expansion like you said is worth doing at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpb2000 wrote:
Clevider wrote:

Is the expansion being reprinted along with the new Kickstarter stuff and Catacombs base game? I don't know whether picking up the expansion like you said is worth doing at this point.

Some of the Kickstarter rewards include the expansion. Supplies at Coolstuff and Miniature Market are becoming depleted or are already exhausted. Elzra's website says it's out of stock. Funagain Games's website, on the other hand, claims it will be restocked today. I've no idea what all this means for future availability although I doubt this latest print run was expected to be the last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.