Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
通常 nomen

東広島市西条町田口2851
広島県
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I read many threads about the secret objective "Keeper of Gates". Now I just want to know whether if it is needed to control the planet in the wormhole systems or not. Since the original card text says:

"I have at least 1(non-fighter) ship in every system containing a wormhole"

I am not sure whether the Lodor planet with wormhole A and the Quann planet with wormhole B should be controlled or not. As the text says, it seems the answer is NO; but for many threads I read, they always talked about "control systems", which means you should control all the planets in the system and have at least 1 non-fighter ship in that system, right? Just a little confused. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ships are not attached to planets, so no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeper of Gates does not say "Control", so the definition of control does not apply.

You will incidentally control the two wormhole systems that don't have planets in them, since a ship is all that is necessary to control a system with no planets. But if you have Keeper of Gates, that generally means you don't have one of the Secret or Preliminary objectives that cares about this sort of thing, but you might be able to bluff that you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
kaiteinomen wrote:
I read many threads about the secret objective "Keeper of Gates". Now I just want to know whether if it is needed to control the planet in the wormhole systems or not. Since the original card text says:

I think you should consider the possibility that the card text means what it says. There have been two expansions where it could have been corrected if it was known to be not what was intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
通常 nomen

東広島市西条町田口2851
広島県
msg tools
mbmb
damerell wrote:
kaiteinomen wrote:

I think you should consider the possibility that the card text means what it says. There have been two expansions where it could have been corrected if it was known to be not what was intended.

Thanks. Just surprised many people said something like "control systems" when this card was being referenced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.