Subject: Eko or Samurai? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I am thinking about getting one of these, but I am not sure which one.
This one is not really spoken too much about, but it looks so prety
So which one do you consider superior? (most of the games will be with 2p)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eko isn't spoken much about, I'm not sure if Eko has really gotten wide distribution though. (I've not seen it in any local store)

Eko is great at 2players, it's a very direct and tactical abstract game.

Samurai is more strategic and less direct, since you're drawing random pieces with varied strengths you have to puzzle out placement.

Both games are excellent and I own and enjoy both, Samurai is highly regarded for good reason and I would say that Samurai has more of a wider appeal. However, if you like playing abstract games with your 2nd player then perhaps Eko would be a better choice.

I don't think you can go wrong either way honestly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
Eko isn't spoken much about, I'm not sure if Eko has really gotten wide distribution though. (I've not seen it in any local store)

Eko is great at 2players, it's a very direct and tactical abstract game.

Samurai is more strategic and less direct, since you're drawing random pieces with varied strengths you have to puzzle out placement.

Both games are excellent and I own and enjoy both, Samurai is highly regarded for good reason and I would say that Samurai has more of a wider appeal. However, if you like playing abstract games with your 2nd player then perhaps Eko would be a better choice.

I don't think you can go wrong either way honestly.

Both are super good.

...but they have very different feels. Samurai, to me, feels like a thinky abstract while Eko is played more casually around our house. They both are as deep imo... but one "feels" more casual, even if technically i know this is not true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.