Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

New Bedford» Forums » General

Subject: What is included in the Retail version vs KS version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hard to understand from the KS campaign page what is only for backers.

Is it only the White Whale promo pack that is not included in retail?

Will the Nantucket expansion be available at retail, and what is the general availability of the other stretch goals?

Unfortunately, New Bedford is not even listed as a game on the DHMG website, so information made available around the game is quite poor.

BGG listing for example show 1-4 plays, but in the KS campaign a 5th player was added.

Anyone have a clear answer?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is kickstarter exclusive. The White Whale promo is the closest thing to an exlusive. They will probably still sell them at conventions and on the BGG store as DHMG has done in the past with other promo packs from their kickstarters.

The component upgrades and the solo rules stretch goals are in the retail box, which KS backers will receive.

All the stretch goals that say "expansion" or mini-expansion" will be packaged in an expansion box called "New Bedford: Rising Tide," which doesn't have a BGG listing yet. This will be available for sale in retail. Kickstarter backers will get it with their games.

Nantucket was an add-on standalone game set in the same world as New Bedford. Kickstarter backers will only get this if they added it to their pledge. This will also be available at retail.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
Nothing is kickstarter exclusive. The White Whale promo is the closest thing to an exlusive. They will probably still sell them at conventions and on the BGG store as DHMG has done in the past with other promo packs from their kickstarters.

The component upgrades and the solo rules stretch goals are in the retail box, which KS backers will receive.

All the stretch goals that say "expansion" or mini-expansion" will be packaged in an expansion box called "New Bedford: Rising Tide," which doesn't have a BGG listing yet. This will be available for sale in retail. Kickstarter backers will get it with their games.

Nantucket was an add-on standalone game set in the same world as New Bedford. Kickstarter backers will only get this if they added it to their pledge. This will also be available at retail.


I can officially confirm that this is correct.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For additional clarification, the 5th player is a part of Rising Tides, along with the extra buildings and the Ship's Log. The solo mode is part of every release.
Custom wood shapes are in every copy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is excellent info, thanks guys.

My FLGS is taking preorders for New Bedford and I wanted to get more info about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zippy1979 wrote:
That is excellent info, thanks guys.

My FLGS is taking preorders for New Bedford and I wanted to get more info about it.

I played the demo at Origins in June. Jumped to the top of my must-buys. Can't wait for it to hit retailers and OLGS in Canada.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
zippy1979 wrote:
That is excellent info, thanks guys.

My FLGS is taking preorders for New Bedford and I wanted to get more info about it.

I played the demo at Origins in June. Jumped to the top of my must-buys. Can't wait for it to hit retailers and OLGS in Canada.


awesome news. the fact that you're a keyflower fan and it's one of my faves leads me to believe I'll like New Bedford as much as you. I really love the unique theme and all i've seen to date has me excited.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game gonna be available for purchase at Essen?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.