Subject: Revised Farmers of the Moor Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Harclerode
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've recently bought the revised edition of Agricola and love it. This was my first 'Agricola Purchase' and I am thrilled.

I'm considering getting Farmers of the Moor as I have seen it confirmed that
it is compatible with the new revised edition. However, I would prefer to wait
if FOTM is going to get a revised edition as well.

Is someone able to offcially confirm whether or not FOTM will get a revised edition?

I've seen it confirmed in these forums that there will eventually be more cards released for the revised edition, though at the time no details were able to be offered up. I haven't seen a confirmation of a revised FOTM.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd say go for it now; I'd be surprised if "FotM" gets a facelift anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire Agricola line (Farmers..., All Creatures...) is up for revision and re-release. As well-regarded as Farmers of the Moor is, one might reasonably imagine that its rework might come sooner rather than later.

How's that for vague and fuzzy?...

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
AlexYeager wrote:
The entire Agricola line (Farmers..., All Creatures...) is up for revision and re-release. As well-regarded as Farmers of the Moor is, one might reasonably imagine that its rework might come sooner rather than later.

How's that for vague and fuzzy?...

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Best way to say everything and nothing ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conner Morlang
United States
Santa Monica / Westwood
California
flag msg tools
Go outside and play (games)!
badge
Me 10 years ago. Should I update?
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
... might come sooner rather than later.

This is good news!

I'm also a new player (as of Revised) and I want Moor more than any deck of cards or 5-6 player expansion that have been announced. After watching Rahdo's play through, I don't want to play without those fun-looking extra action cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
If an updated "FotM" expansion, fully revised to be perfectly compatible with the newer version of Agricola ends up being released within the next year (we'll give it until July 1, 2017), I will apportion out the remainder of my geek gold (currently 497.31 and not likely to change much in the interim) to everyone who thumbs this post.

And thus I once again recommend to anyone interested in adding "FotM" to their revised Agricola: go ahead and do it right now and enjoy it while twiddling your thumbs for a (nearly irrelevant) revised edition. By the time that revised edition comes out, you won't care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to see revised version of Farmers as well. Revised Agricola is so polished that it can easily run the distance with more recent sleek games and it looks visually great to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harclerode
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the fuzzy feedback meeple

It is sincerely appreciated..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
If an updated "FotM" expansion, fully revised to be perfectly compatible with the newer version of Agricola ends up being released within the next year (we'll give it until July 1, 2017), I will apportion out the remainder of my geek gold (currently 497.31 and not likely to change much in the interim) to everyone who thumbs this post.

This offer is now closed, and will be honored only for the following crafty vultures Agricola lovers:

Brodie17 | Butterfly0038 | Slashdoctor | Avron | unic | cordeiro | 2d20 | coil23 | bjwells | arhpositive | gds23 | Hanno | hesna | monkeyvsmonkey | r56ygf | Jefffromwv | Jorenas | Ikehouserock | ilskengravling | silverbowen | Carduelis | MAJBrown22 | Toren Veress | Wayfarer82 | Papa Ninja | JohnCa14 |

Other are welcome to thumb the entry in solidarity, but will not receive any GG should the situation arise. Tips to defray the inevitable ransacking of my treasury are, of course, always welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to come back here and kept forgetting...

I've played 'Gric + FotM solo now 4 times. It's even more of a brain-burner then I remember (I think I'm out of practice). That said, I don't understand the higher Solo scores. My best score was 70 (the others were 48, 49, 59) which is still short of the 72 goal (70 without Occs, 65 without any cards). Am I just way off or are those goals a bit more aggressive than regular 'Gric?

Also, it's probably due to much less experience, but I haven't found myself playing too many of the minor improvements. Assuming a revised FotM is released, I hope that they trim the minors as well.

All that said, I'm enjoying the challenge and haven't found anything that "doesn't work" with the revised edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.