James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three quick questions:

1) Are you allowed to count how many cards are in a Location deck (useful when doing the "deplete two locations" scenario)?
2) If you've found cards that you think other players may want to request from you later, like weapons, can you let them know this? "I've got a Colt pistol if anyone wants it..."
3) Sophie can look at the top card of a deck, is she allowed to make this public knowledge, and if so, in what amount of detail?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I believe so. Since you could keep track of how many cards have been taken, how many cards remain is public knowledge.

2) Sure.

3) Yes. However, I would say you're not allowed to actually flip over the card and show everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AMarsReject wrote:
Three quick questions:
1) Are you allowed to count how many cards are in a Location deck (useful when doing the "deplete two locations" scenario)?

We've played it this way in that scenario. Although discouraged excessive counting. Each deck starts the same, choosing which 2 to deplete should probably be a group decision and therefore you shouldn't need to re-count. We did it once when we were making a decision about risking a crisis moral decision to estimate turns left.
AMarsReject wrote:

2) If you've found cards that you think other players may want to request from you later, like weapons, can you let them know this? "I've got a Colt pistol if anyone wants it..."

Sure, but you could be the betrayer and say or do anything. Up to and including trading a different card, e.g. to lure a character out of the colony for an ambush.
AMarsReject wrote:

3) Sophie can look at the top card of a deck, is she allowed to make this public knowledge, and if so, in what amount of detail?

Again, see above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks both.

Can you elaborate on this ambush, Stuart? We've not had many games with Betrayers, I'm intrigued what you were up to there...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AMarsReject wrote:
Cool, thanks both.

Can you elaborate on this ambush, Stuart? We've not had many games with Betrayers, I'm intrigued what you were up to there...!

LOL, it wasn't me. Although I admired the deviancy of it.
The betrayer had an item that another player needed to complete their secret objective, so they told the other player they could come to the location (Library I think) and get it from them.

So the other player turns up and the betrayer hands over the item and then on their turn created a full set of noise tokens to over run the location (there were already zombies there) and kill the 2 characters for the moral loss.

Sneaky little betrayer!

Part of the reason I love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMarsReject wrote:
Three quick questions:

we have played that we can, but also discourage it. try and keep that intrigue element. remember that if you count it, do not change the order, count them straight. also, be careful, remember that if a Survivor dies at one of those locations (overrun?), that you must shuffle any equipped items into that locations deck. this can add to the difficulty (happened to us with a guy who had equipped 6 different items to his "superhero" attitude survivor - LOL)
AMarsReject wrote:
sure, just remember that the item must be played immediately.
AMarsReject wrote:
3) Sophie can look at the top card of a deck, is she allowed to make this public knowledge, and if so, in what amount of detail?Thanks!
sure she can. notice her text is different from Talia Jones who very specifically tells you what can be said. also remember that the person could be revealing false information. have to watch for that betrayer

good gaming and good luck surviving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sneaky! I take it the betrayer had the card in question equipped, so the only option was to go to that location for a handover, rather than requesting from the betrayers hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
AMarsReject wrote:
Cool, thanks both.

The betrayer had an item that another player needed to complete their secret objective, so they told the other player they could come to the location (Library I think) and get it from them.

So the other player turns up and the betrayer hands over the item and then on their turn created a full set of noise tokens to over run the location (there were already zombies there) and kill the 2 characters for the moral loss.

Sneaky little betrayer!

curious little scenario, and very evil.
I do have one question though, why did the player have to move his survivor to the (library?) to receive the item? was it just an agreement between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
Omertron wrote:
AMarsReject wrote:
Cool, thanks both.

Sneaky little betrayer!

I do have one question though, why did the player have to move his survivor to the (library?) to receive the item? was it just an agreement between the two?

IIRC the betrayer's survivor had the weapon equipped. But in the end it was just a ruse to get another survivor to the location for the moral loss. It's one of those great little "excuses" that you build up during the game.

You're never sure if someone is just randomly building barricades wherever they go because they have an objective, or they are the betrayer doing something seemingly helpful without really helping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
demonllama wrote:
Omertron wrote:
AMarsReject wrote:
Cool, thanks both.

Sneaky little betrayer!

IIRC the betrayer's survivor had the weapon equipped. But in the end it was just a ruse to get another survivor to the location for the moral loss. It's one of those great little "excuses" that you build up during the game.

You're never sure if someone is just randomly building barricades wherever they go because they have an objective, or they are the betrayer doing something seemingly helpful without really helping!

ok, so it was a Hand Off, not a request. now my confusion is resolved. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, terminology. The player requested the card. The betrayer had it equipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMarsReject wrote:

The only real restrictions are that you can't reveal your secret objective and that you can't show other people your cards in hand. Everything else is is fair game, except for things like Talia's restriction of only being able to say two words with her special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:

But then the betrayer would have been exiled on the next player's turn. Did he do this as part of his last turn of the game for the win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.