Popular Tags: [View All]
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this stretch goal be met ? Seems a big jump from last one
Thoughts ?
Personally I think it will but cmon would really smash it if they released a add on with some exclusives imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There won't be any other add-on.
(Too bad for the Heart token CMON exclu )

And it will be crushed.
Question become: what next, will there be something beyond and will there be time to reach it (IMHO: no and no)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people will be a bit miffed if the hellsbane is the last stretch, not because its a dull goal but because its a whimper to end on. In the last hours we could reach $3.6 million unlikely but could happen and that would be enough for another goal.

There is also the small amount from the retailers that would be added. Frankly they added the lizard men add on they developed while the kickstarter was going. No reason another hero couldnt be unlocked so that we have a equal amount of genders for every class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume the $ amount is an attempt to insure they don't have to come up with anything else on the fly.

And I'm fairly certain (with no real proof) that an add-on roamer box was broken up for SGs at the end. Based soely off comments made by the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:

And it will be crushed.
Question become: what next, will there be something beyond and will there be time to reach it (IMHO: no and no)

And you know there will not be one how ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
I would assume the $ amount is an attempt to insure they don't have to come up with anything else on the fly.

And I'm fairly certain (with no real proof) that an add-on roamer box was broken up for SGs at the end. Based soely off comments made by the team.

That doesn't make sense since all of them are kickstarter exclusive. Surely if they were going to break up a roamer box then they'd have not had that label. Although it does seem odd that a top general of "The Darkness" would be kickstarter exclusive. Although if it is true I'm surprised we managed to blow through all the stretch goals given that overall the campaign was fairly unexciting. I don't think I've seen a single stretch goal that I felt I absolutely needed to have, nor an add-on I felt was actually worth the money.

I'm kind of surprised at how many goals it felt like they had to come up with on the spur of the moment, like the lizardmen, or the extra tiles. I mean did they honestly think that just throwing more and more roaming monsters at the campaign would really cut it in terms of goals? It seems kind of unbelievable. Where are the guest boxes? The extra characters? The big-box add-on? It makes me lose a lot of confidence in the company that they thought just tossing a bunch of big miniatures at us would be enough.

The sad part is that given the funding level they've achieved, and the fact that we seem to have gotten through all the planed goals (and then some), they were probably right.

That turned into more of a rant then I intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the last update. They said it would be the last add-on. Of course, I suppose nothing stops them from going back on that. But I highly doubt it, since obviously they didn't plan on any past the Reptisaurians (and even that wasn't actually planned, so they already are into extra add-ons.)

I hope they do stop. Adding things just for the hell of it that are not in the plan will really make this a late delivery. I'm good with what we have! Let's see the game before we go hog-wild buying add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
Read the last update. They said it would be the last add-on.

No they didn't actually. Here's what they said, copied and pasted:
Final day, final stretch, it's time for the Darkness to send forth its chief general. Darkness and flame, the Lightbringer's bane!

Now Final Stretch SOUNDS like it might be the last add-on, but usually they are more deliberate about something truly being final than that. I think they meant final stretch in terms of "only one more day of posting updates". If they hit it soon, I'd expect something like

"ok guys, we have one LAST stretch goal for you, and this is all we have".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, read the good update, the one speaking of add-ons:
"To help start the final push of the campaign, we have one last epic Optional Buy for you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabbok wrote:
Xookliba wrote:

Final day, final stretch, it's time for the Darkness to send forth its chief general. Darkness and flame, the Lightbringer's bane!

Now Final Stretch SOUNDS like it might be the last add-on, but usually they are more deliberate about something truly being final than that. I think they meant final stretch in terms of "only one more day of posting updates". If they hit it soon, I'd expect something like

"ok guys, we have one LAST stretch goal for you, and this is all we have".

There is a difference between stretch goals and add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabbok wrote:
Xookliba wrote:

No, sorry, I was replying to this comment:

acehawkster1973 wrote:
XofMdS wrote:

And it will be crushed.

And you know there will not be one how ??

Yes, it wasn't the very last update, sorry about that it was the update on the last add-on:

Quote:
The Lizardfolk are crawling out of the swamps to join the Darkness!

Hail Lightbringers!

To help start the final push of the campaign, we have one last epic Optional Buy for you. This is a late entry that was specifically created to meet the requests of many of our backers. The forces of Darkness are about to get a host of cold-blooded allies: the Reptisaurians!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok missed that one line update
Ah well just a base buy for me then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh my bad. I got Add-On and Stretch-Goal confused.

I do think we might just see one last stretch goal within the next few hours.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I am quite sure there will be one more stretch goal, as this one will fall very soon (only about 10K away at this point). I really don't think they want to just leave it at that point. Maybe, but that would be odd.

The real questions: Will we conquer the next one? Maybe not, but if so, will there be another after? It would have to end up around 3.7M for the latter, so I see that as unlikely.

This last one (The Darkness' chief general) seems like the one that they probably wanted to end with. Dunno. We'll see soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. That only took 20 min for 10K.

That Hellsbane fig was the last SG they planned. So yeah, they did pull one more out of their, uhhhh.... hats. Looks like Artifacts (item cards). They did say this was the last SG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see new artifacts! A lot of people wanted more cards so that's cool. and yes, I'm certain this is indeed the last SG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also willing to bet that, if the campaign doesn't quite make $3.5M, they'll give us this SG anyway as the "token" that they promised backers for the retailer pledge total (which hasn't been added in yet).

But the way this thing is going it looks like it might end up over 3.5 anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they ever not awarded the last stretch goal, achieved or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Unicorn - for the lolz ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domitilla D'Amico
Italy
Ferentino (FR)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the Unicorn deserves many 1$ pledges to be updated.
It is way too offbeat - eg. respect to the much asked "final dragon" - to be missed! meeplemeeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Have they ever not awarded the last stretch goal, achieved or not?

Apparently not. They unlocked it anyway! Retail pledges only 60K, but they did the unlock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given some of the Kickstarter comments, I'm pretty sure we'll soon be seeing some homebrew Chromatis Hero cards too (Bonecrusher recommended Class of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domitilla D'Amico
Italy
Ferentino (FR)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fornacigiorgi wrote:
I think that the Unicorn deserves many 1$ pledges to be updated.
It is way too offbeat - eg. respect to the much asked "final dragon" - to be missed! meeplemeeplemeeple

Ok: free unicorn for everyone, although it was not unlocked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Given some of the Kickstarter comments, I'm pretty sure we'll soon be seeing some homebrew Chromatis Hero cards too (Bonecrusher recommended Class of course).

100% I will do this. Even just using the figure and straight up replacing a hero, this Unicorn is going to slay some Massive Darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is some kind of cosmic balance that the last thing they gave us was the Brony Pony. Sort of an anti-darkness. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.