Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Guest Boxes - retail date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Admittedly I came late to Z:BP, so I didn't follow the kickstarter or anything else, and despite multiple emails to CMON I've had no response so the question I have is...

In regards to the Guest Boxes, which of them will be available for supply to retailers, and what's the timescale on these? I know there were three included with the backer versions, but I'm talking about the others.

I can only find them on pre-orders online, and even then from the USA (Ideally I'd like to support a UK vendor).

Thanks,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I have also pinged CMON and Guillotine games about release dates to the UK.

No Response, I also tweeted Chaos Cards who said Hero Box-1 was due out "next week" two weeks ago and more recently the abomination pack would be launched soon via a marketing email received.

However nothing on their website yet...

It is painful planning these purchases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick look at CoolStuff shows them being released at various dates between now and October.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Link?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...

Still, this is a US seller so... yeah.

The estimated dates though help lots, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bone White wrote:
In regards to the Guest Boxes, which of them will be available for supply to retailers ...


None of them were exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, so all of them should find their way to retail, eventually.

The one box you won't be able to get in retail is Grom & Thalia (not a guest box, but similar enough).

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Bone White wrote:
In regards to the Guest Boxes, which of them will be available for supply to retailers ...


None of them were exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, so all of them should find their way to retail, eventually.

The one box you won't be able to get in retail is Grom & Thalia (not a guest box, but similar enough).

Also, the Jovem Nerd box was described as (for some strange reason) "very limited" or somesuch. So that one may be difficult or even impossible to find at retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS (Nottingham, England) had one of the guest boxes (Paul Bonner, I think) along with Zombie Bosses, yesterday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
My FLGS (Nottingham, England) had one of the guest boxes (Paul Bonner, I think) along with Zombie Bosses, yesterday.

Very possibly taken from a pledge, as both boxes were part of the base pledge stretch goals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie bosses, Paul Bonner, Homer, Benson and the hero pack have all arrived at shops in Britain for release tomorrow.

Guest boxes Carl Critchlow, Karl Kopinski, Stefan Kopinski, Murder of Crowz and 3D doors are due for release 22nd July (in Britain) - however, release predictions aren't reliable.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Holy moly it's like you work in the gaming industry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly, but not quite - I work for a charity that plays games to build skills and confidence in children. Our drop in centre is also a shop that sells games, and Esdevium Games, our supplier, keeps us well informed with information that could be out of date by the time I next post on BGG - not their fault, but they can't always predict when the shipping from China/the US/rest of the world will arrive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. According to months of whinging in the KS comments, retail had everything long before us. How is it that all the guest boxes and other add-on packs aren't widely available???


(Okay, I know--zero help to the OP. But I couldn't resist.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Nearly, but not quite - I work for a charity that plays games to build skills and confidence in children. Our drop in centre is also a shop that sells games, and Esdevium Games, our supplier, keeps us well informed with information that could be out of date by the time I next post on BGG - not their fault, but they can't always predict when the shipping from China/the US/rest of the world will arrive.


Ok, you win the prize for the most interesting job.

Is that a national charity, or a local one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's local. www.khcreative.org.uk

And it is the best job in the world, although we never have much money in the bank.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.