Popular Tags: [View All]
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All

If I build a level 1 factory in 1790s decade in Spinning Jenny game, will it avoid the additional obsolete workers, as this is only checked at start of the decade?

Or will the level 1 factory I build in 1790s come with 2 addition obsolete worker markers immediately to represent the fact that I've just built an out of date factory?

TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, I found the answer, confirmed by designer, on another thread.

For the record, the factory would nor come into play with obsolete worker markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you also realize this, but you are allowed to directly build the current level of factory without having to update through the entire range.

So if it is 1790 and you wanted to build a food factory, you could just build a level II one directly for that cost. You don't need to build the level I and then upgrade it to level II.

Of course, if you only want a level I factory then this is a good way to "cheat" the system and get the production you need at the lowest possible cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It came up, when during the final decade, a player had just enough money to buy the level one factory, without the need for a loan.

But I would imagine in most circumstances it makes far more sense to build the level 2 factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.