Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: About those little plastic containers... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Stewart
Macao
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I finally received my copy of Scythe today, and every seems to be in pretty good shape, with one notable exception (well four, I guess) -- the little plastic containers included with the game. In my copy, every one of them was torn or crushed to the point of being unusable. Now, to be honest I don't really care, and I might have thrown them away anyway, but I thought I would point it out for anyone else getting the game.

Of course, my Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition is a bit bigger and heavier than the retail version, so maybe it won't be a problem for those copies.

Anyway, it was a good idea, but I don't think future Stonemeier games really need to include them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Collector's edition with all the heavy stuff other than the art book and my plastic containers are fine.

Did the art book actually fit in the box? It seemed pretty filled without it.

I like the plastic containers a lot. They ar great tor the resin and metal resources and help make setup and clean up go faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Jamie or Morten will be along shortly to tell you to fill out a replacement request form and they will send you new ones.

edit: http://stonemaiergames.com/about/replacement-parts/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
I'm sure Jamie or Morten will be along shortly to tell you to fill out a replacement request form and they will send you new ones.

Yes, please fill out the replacement form and we'll ship you new ones as fast as we can .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Stewart
Macao
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Yes, please fill out the replacement form and we'll ship you new ones as fast as we can .

Thanks, but I think I'll just go out and buy some little plastic containers from the local Daiso to use in my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cpugeek13 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Thanks, but I think I'll just go out and buy some little plastic containers from the local Daiso to use in my copy.

Thank you saving us the money, it's appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what is great about Stonemaier games, no matter how small the issue they're quick to make sure you're happy. When I got my KS version of Euphoria the corner of the box top had split and Jamie was quickly offering to send me a new box (I obviously declined, because a box can be repaired and costs a bunch to ship mostly air).

Keep up the awesome work! Hopefully I don't miss the next KS like I did on this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken: I'm sorry to hear about the damaged containers. As Morten said, we're happy to replace them if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found a bunch of 2 oz plastic condiment cups work great for holding tokens and bits. I've got a bunch holding the coins, player pieces, and various chits in my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate M
msg tools
mbmb
Are the containers for anything in particular?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, just for holding tokens ect. Mine were also crushed, but I prefer baggies as you can snug them in wherever to help keep other things from moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate M
msg tools
mbmb
Okay. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone in a general forum suggested silicon cupcake moulds - these have the added advantage that I can just sling them in my game bag and they won't break if they get stuff put on top of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them a lot. I'd even buy extras for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:

I was surprised at how much I liked those containers - I'd definitely buy more, if they were reasonably priced (both affordable for us buyers, and making sense for SM to offer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I, likewise, was very pleased with the containers. They fit nicely on the side of the box. Much better (IMO) than plastic bags as I pull them out of the box and they are ready to go. No plastic bags to empty, keep track of, etc.

I think they add a nice touch to the overall quality of the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmacmartin wrote:
thor0298 wrote:

I was surprised at how much I liked those containers - I'd definitely buy more, if they were reasonably priced (both affordable for us buyers, and making sense for SM to offer)

You can buy a similar item from Game Trayz here: http://www.gametrayz.com/treasure-trayz-343.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still prefer these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bead-Storage-Screw-Stack-Canisters...

(Sorry I don't feel like taking the time to figure out how to abbreviate that long link.)

I love the security of screwing the containers together, and they are GREAT -- I use them as often as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCloud
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the realistic resource tokens for metal to be too heavy for the plastic containers. The lid doesn't stay on securely without a rubber band.

I am keeping the metal in a .07 litre Really Useful Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love them and wouldn't mind having more. They are great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seaward
msg tools
1 of my 4 was cracked (mine is also the Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition). It's still usable, and I'll gladly just use the bags if/when it or the others break, but I thought it might be useful to mention, in case it is not just a couple of isolated incidents.

I like them, although I expected them to be made of a thicker plastic. If they were, they might not get damaged as much in the box. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to do that, though. Either way, it was just a nice bonus to have them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JotaEse wrote:
I love them and wouldn't mind having more. They are great!

Me too, they're such a nice little extra touch. I love how the Stonemaier Games logo is molded into the top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All 4 of mine made it okay in my Art Connoisseur box. I do wonder at their long-term durability though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I had one crushed too. I've sent in my request since they really are the perfect size for what they're holding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.