Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 17 of the rulebook it states that you only defeat multiple Threat Cards that spawn the same type of enemy after defeating all of those tokens. It doesn't say what happens when one card has multiple types and the other doesn't. I have been playing that you have to defeat every Threat card marked with, for instance, a non-Named Witch token to defeat any of them. But the rulebook doesn't say that.

To be specific:
Slaughterbridge: in addition to this card, I had Saxons, Traitors, Witches and the Green Knight, with Witches. Did I defeat the Saxons card when I defeated all the Saxons, even though I had not defeated the Slaughterbridge card?

The Green Knight and Lady Bertilak: I defeated all non-Named Witches before sending Gawaine to Challenge both of them. When Gawaine defeated the Green Knight, did he get a Spoils Draw before taking on Lady Bertilak (and failing)?
(edit: this is from a different game, not involving the Slaughterbridge card.)

Also, a Rules error the Lynnvander staff seem to be making: in a thread here and in the recent playthrough video, you guys have been saying that you get a 'free' Quest Coin if a Roaming Threat Card can't add any Enemy tokens to the board. But on page 16 it states that you do not get a Quest Coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
A card can only be defeated if ALL the matching token types are defeated so for your example every Saxon, Witch, Druid and Traitor token on the board would have to be defeated to beat Slaughterbridge.
However you can defeat other cards in the process. So if you had defeated all the Witches spawned by this and the Green Knight (and any other card) and then defeated the Green Knight himself, you could "cash in" the Green Knight card and the witch tokens at this time and get your coin. If any more witches were spawned after this then they would then again apply to Slaugherbridge.

Green Knight and Bertilak - yes you would get a spoils draw after defeating all the witch tokens and then the Green Knight before Gawaine faced the Lady. You get the option of making a spoils draw only immediately after a Severe Threat card is defeated and so if Gawaine decided to wade straight in an and face Bertilak then he would miss the spoils draw, but would still get the coin and the card would be removed from play. This is a bit like if Palug is in play as when you defeat a Severe Threat card you can remove a card and get the coin but he stops you from making a spoils draw so after that the named token can only ever be "cashed in" via the Dungeon Realm.

Rules error - didnt notice that but I play as per page 16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew that I hadn't defeated Slaughterbridge. The question, which you did answer, was whether I had to defeat that card before claiming every other card with saxons, witches, druids or traitors on it. Thankfully that's not actually the case, though getting five quest coins at once was pretty satisfying.

About the two from the well-named Valley of No Return, the question was whether I actually had defeated the Green Knight card or whether I had to defeat her to claim both cards.

This might make me look foolish, but I only realised last night, after finally reading the Severe Threat Cards carefully, that a lot of the Named Threats are actually mobile, with the Aggressive Command. I hadn't noticed that from the gameplay videos. That's why I thought the Green Knight and the Lady Bertilak had to be challenged on the same tile, because I hadn't noticed Lady Bertilak moves. Given that you only (seem to?) need to roll for Seduction when moving towards her, that should make her easier to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Good answer, as usual, Pete!

As for Bertilak, that's correct! You only have to make the roll when you move towards her!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.