J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, just want confirmation I understand this one fully:

After deploying the mech covering Way Fare it reads as follows:

Move from a territory or home base to any inactive factions home base or your own.

Situation arose last night in which an opposing player attacked me from a territory directly next to an inactive faction home base. He used all his power but 1, and I chose to use only 1 power (in order to draw a power card as the loser)

I lost of course and was sent to my home base (1 mech and 1 worker). I was the very next turn. I chose to use both the wayfare ability and speed to take 1 movement back to the inactive home base, and the next movement right back into the territory Id been attacked in. Therefore ensuring an easy victory for me at the cost of 0 power (he had no cards and only 1 power left, I chose 0 power and played a single 2 power card for the win)

Just wanted to make sure I played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you played it correctly. That's why the amount you spend in combat is so important--if you overspend, you leave yourself very vulnerable for a quick follow-up attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Yes, you played it correctly. That's why the amount you spend in combat is so important--if you overspend, you leave yourself very vulnerable for a quick follow-up attack.

Awesome, thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, correctly played. And well played. I like that boomerang combat, your opponent learned something I expect. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Yep, correctly played. And well played. I like that boomerang combat, your opponent learned something I expect. devil

Indeed he did. We even commented at the end that it took one instance of that happening for the four of us to instantly realize it would never happen again. It's really going to up the bluffing aspect of the combat by 10 fold as well, and I have a feeling most of our combats will be separated by just a couple of power from here on out.

On a side note, the other 3 players were crushed to find out that I drew 4 of the 6 "5" point power cards and in a couple of instances ditched them for my once per turn burn a combat card for a resource ability. Couple that with the fact that in two combats I was involved in I used my Scout ability to steal a card from the opponent, and both times I stole a 4 devil

Still lost the damn game by 1 coin though LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Turner
Canada
flag msg tools
Wayfare is, so far, my favourite ability in the game (but only when combined with Speed). That, alongside Scout, makes them, in my opinion, tier 1. I haven't lost a game that I played with Crimea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
I actually struggle to make any use of Wayfare. I only played 5p games so far, and it drastically reduces options for movement with Wayfare. Also - is it the only ability that straight up loses potency depending on player number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unonameless wrote:
I actually struggle to make any use of Wayfare. I only played 5p games so far, and it drastically reduces options for movement with Wayfare. Also - is it the only ability that straight up loses potency depending on player number?
Polania's ability comes to mind since every player will get less encounters if there are more players.
Saxony's ability seems to scale in reverse: more players will likely lead to more opportunity for conflict which makes it easier to place more stars through combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Saxony's ability seems to scale in reverse: more players will likely lead to more opportunity for conflict which makes it easier to place more stars through combat.

There are also more players to come after you while you're weak (if you spend your Power and your cards). You probably would have to be more careful about where and when you attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Wayfare going to be replaced or just mostly useless once the expansion comes out that allows 7 players and you play a 7 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
keschnell wrote:
Is Wayfare going to be replaced or just mostly useless once the expansion comes out that allows 7 players and you play a 7 player game?

It will be replaced by another one when playing 6-7 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.