Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if the answer is yes, is it worth getting for a predominately 2 player experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tfoz15 wrote:
And if the answer is yes, is it worth getting for a predominately 2 player experience?

No. I suggest you get a much easier to find VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game, which is a nice 2p game (but it's much more a filler)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to James' perfect answer, I'd add that I wouldn't even attempt to play this with a smaller player count like 3 or 4, even though it's supported. It's at its best at higher player counts with more discussion/manipulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3/4/5/6 players games and I'd agree that a higher player counts would be recommended. Altough I'd say that even the 3 and 4 player games are very enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, agree with all of the above. The more players you have the better this game is. It is very collaborative. You also need people to play off of, because you can't really generate your own resources, at least not enough, due to the travel limitations on obtaining them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I'm disappointed but better to find out now then after I make the purchase. Perhaps once my kids are a little older...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas May
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't you play this as a two player game if both players used two field researchers and doubled their starting resources? Maybe have an intern as well? It wouldn't be a perfect variant but I could see this being playable. You could even have one of the player's colors be a dominant color (so if it teams up with the other player they have final say in blend/research decision). Of course you would want to keep their score trackers separate so that way you could determine the order in which they are placed on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenNick wrote:
Couldn't you play this as a two player game if both players used two field researchers and doubled their starting resources? Maybe have an intern as well? It wouldn't be a perfect variant but I could see this being playable. You could even have one of the player's colors be a dominant color (so if it teams up with the other player they have final say in blend/research decision). Of course you would want to keep their score trackers separate so that way you could determine the order in which they are placed on the board.

It is certainly possible. We tinkered with some two-player ideas but ultimately wanted to publish the game without having to put too much on the players. It's something I'd love to revisit if we ever do a special version.

You are more than welcome to try - and if you discover an enjoyable variant please share it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.